Chapter 16 "The Results"

*A few weeks later, Kenzie, Nat, Alex, and Lexi, went back to the doctor's office to see if Kenzie could hopefully be Alex and Lexi's surrogate. Everyone was nervous. Nat was still feeling a little upset that Kenzie wanted to go through something like this, because when she had gotten pregnant the past couple of times, she would always either get kidnapped, or beaten up pretty badly by Nat's ex, Margaret.*

                                                                        *Nat's P.O.V.*

So many emotions were running through my head. I think it's great that Kenzie is willing to carry a child for Alex and Lexi, but at the same time, I'm terrified. I don't want Kenzie to get hurt or kidnapped! She doesn't deserve to go through so much pain. I would do it for her, if I could. 

While everyone else was getting ready to go to the doctor's appointment, I stayed downstairs with the kids to keep an eye on them. They seem pretty excited about hopefully having a little cousin to play with. At first, they were against it, only because Alex and Lexi will be taking care of it 24/7, and won't have much time to hang out or play with them. And, the fact that if this whole surrogate thing works out, Kenzie won't be able to do a whole lot, because she'll get bigger as the pregnancy goes by. I will most likely have to do a lot of things by myself, such as cooking, cleaning the house, taking care of three toddlers, and getting my wife a bunch of food in the middle of the night. God, if I think about anything else that sounds stressful, my head will literally explode!

*A half an hour later, Kenzie, Nat, Lexi, and Alex, arrived at the hospital, yet again. After waiting for about fifteen minutes, Dr. Nick Jonas came and took them into his office. An ultrasound machine was hooked up and ready to go.*

"Alright guys," said Dr. Jonas. "Let's see if anything has progressed."

I sat down next to Kenzie, while Dr. Jonas was putting gel on her stomach. Kenzie took a deep breath, and I held her hand.

"What do you see?" Alex asked.

"Did you find a heartbeat?" Lexi asked.

Dr. Jonas chuckled a little. "Hold your horses, you two!" 

Alex and Lexi nodded.

"I see something," he said. 

"A heartbeat?" I asked.

Dr. Jonas smiled at all of us. "Kenzie, you're pregnant with twins!"

TWINS?!

"Twins?!" Lexi asked.

Alex spit out his coffee. "Did you say twins?!"

Dr. Jonas nodded. "Congratulations!"

Within seconds, everyone had burst into tears of joy. I'm so happy that I'll be an uncle to twins, but I'm still worried about how the pregnancy will go. But for now, I will be happy for Alex and Lexi. I don't want my emotions to ruin this entire experience for them. 

After the doctor's appointment, we went out to eat at a Mongolian BBQ place. Gladly, there weren't many people here, because a lot of the time, Alex and I and our wives would always get surrounded by paparazzi. 

"I can't believe we're going to be parents to twins!" said Lexi. "We should start thinking of names."

"That early?" Alex asked. "Shouldn't we wait until we know what sex they are?"

She shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. I'm just, too excited!"

Kenzie and I smiled. 

"Well, I'm glad that I can help out," Kenzie said. "I've always told my friends that if they can't have children of their own, I would be more than willing to help them out by being pregnant for them. I mean, sure I'll probably have to take time off of working in the studio, or playing shows, but I'm totally okay with my decision. I care so much about you guys, and I am so grateful that I can help out."