Chapter 8 "Fast Life"

*Paramedics had arrived to John's apartment. They were able to wake Kenzie up, but Nat had to go to the emergency room. As the paramedics put Nat in a gournie, John, Kenzie, Lexi, and Alex followed them to the hospital.*

                                                                             *Alex's P.O.V.*

When we arrived at the emergency room, we couldn't see Nat right away, so we had to wait in the waiting room. Kenzie couldn't stop crying. I couldn't believe that Nat went out to drink. He's under 21 for crying out loud! Later on, Halston, Jaz, Justice, and Austin came by to visit. John had told me what had happened when they went out last night. Cara was the one who bought them all drinks. Cara was the one who poisoned Nat. God, how could she do this? They just met each other a few days ago.

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Kenzie said. "When Nat and Cara met a few days ago, you guys were talking about Nat and I being engaged?"

"Yes," Halston said. "Then when Cara overheard the news, she felt a bit weird about it."

"Why would she feel weird about Nat and I being engaged?" Kenzie asked.

"Because you're a huge fan of his," said Austin. "It's pretty unlikely that a celebrity would marry one of their biggest fans."

Kenzie shook her head. "I can't believe this."

"Kenz, I'm just saying the truth,-" Austin said.

I interrupted him. "Austin, have YOU ever been in love with someone, so much that it hurts?"

"No, I haven't," he said.

"Well, that's what happened with Kenzie and Nat!" I said. "Every single relationship that my brother was in, before Kenzie came along, were downright ridiculous! They didn't care about Nat. They just wanted his fame and money. But Kenzie's different. Instead, Kenzie actually cares about my brother Nat, and me, and Lexi, and both of our families. She's not just a fan anymore. She's family now, and I swear, if anyone talks smack about her, or to her face, you will regret it!"

Austin sighed. "My apologies, Kenzie."

"It's fine," she said, then turned to me and hugged me. "Thanks Alex."

"You're welcome," I said, hugging her back.

After waiting for three in a half hours, a doctor came out into the waiting room and told us that Nat was going to be okay. Because there was only a limited amount of visitors at a time in the ICU, and the fact that it was getting very late, the rest of the cast of Paper Towns went back home, while the rest of us stayed with Nat in the hospital.

When we walked into the ICU, Nat was awake, but very drowsy. 

"Hey guys," said Nat. 

Kenzie rushed to his side. "Hi honey. Oh, I'm so glad you're okay! I thought that something even worse would've happened to you."

"I-I know," he said. "I'm never going out drinking again. I should've just stayed where I was, but the guys were begging me to join them, so I did. Then Cara caught us and joined in. I wasn't okay with this, by the way,-"

Kenzie kissed Nat. "I know the entire story. John told me everything. And, I'm still a little bit upset with you about doing it, but I think I can just move on. I don't care anymore. We're getting married soon, and that's all I ever wanted to look forward to. Haters can fuck themselves."

A nurse came in to give Nat some medicine that would knock him out. 

Nat yawned. "You're so right, baby."