Chapter 18 "Baby Steps"

*After talking to Lexi, Nat went into his and Kenzie's bedroom to have a chat.*

                                                                         *Nat's P.O.V.*

Lexi was right. I need to talk to Kenzie about our future one way or another. I don't know how she's going to take it, but I hope it doesn't turn bad. When I walked in our bedroom, Kenzie had awoken from her nap. I sat beside her on our bed.

"Kenzie, can we talk?" I asked. "It's something that's very important."

She shook her head and playfully rolled her eyes. "What is it, Nathaniel?"

I sighed. "I-I kinda wanna go back and start acting in more movies."

"You do?" she asked.

I nodded. "And I know that you're pregnant, and this may seem like a lot on your shoulders, but the truth is Kenzie, is that I haven't done a movie in years. Since we're both stay-at-home parents to the boys, I think that you should spend more time with them. I want to go back and do a movie or two, babe!"

"So, you're basically wanting me to stay here with the kids and take care of them by myself, while I'm pregnant with Alex and Lexi's children?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. "I haven't done much acting since the babies were born. I need and want to go back."

A few tears rolled down her cheeks. "Nat, I don't want you to go!"

"Why not?" I asked. 

"What if I go into labor and you're not there?" she asked. "You know I'm not good at handling pain! Especially during childbirth. And what about Alex and Lexi? Alex was there when our kids were born, you should do the same for him and Lexi!"

"Alex almost fainted in the delivery room!" I said.

Kenzie shook her head again. Then she slowly got up. "I'm not going to talk if you're going to shout at me."

"Kenzie, wait!-" I said.

"-No Nathaniel!" she said. "I'm not letting you go and leave me like this."

I walked up to her and stood in front of her. "Baby, please don't act this way. You're hormonal."

"Nat, do you know what it's like, going through something like this again?" she asked. 

I shook my head.

"It's not so great, being like this," she said. "I hate being this way towards you."

"You're going through a very hormonal stage right now," I said. "I can respect that."

She sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, then placed her hand on her belly. "If only you knew how much I have to go through."

An idea came to me just then. I went and grabbed a pillow and stuffed it under my shirt. "Look."

She smiled, briefly. "What are you doing?"

I sat next to her and smiled. "I'm going to be pregnant, too."

"Y-You already were pregnant," she said. 

I shook my head. "That was Big Bird. This is Nat."

She smiled again, and then hugged me. "I love you so much, Nathaniel."

I hugged her back and kissed her. Soon, we were interrupted by Jason.

"You're pregnant, AGAIN?!" he asked with a shocked look on his face.

I laughed. "Yeah."

Jason walked up to Kenzie and I, and touched my fake pregnancy belly. "Is it a boy or a girl?"