Chapter 4 "Lovebug"

*After Alex and Lexi kissed, Alex went home with a big grin on his face. When he arrived back at his parents' apartment, He saw Nat in the kitchen.*

                                                                     *Alex's P.O.V.*

"Hey Alex," said Nat. "Where have you been? I was starting to worry about you."

"I took Lexi home," I sighed, happily.

Nat smiled. "What happened?"

"Nothing, nothing," I said.

"Come on Alex," he said. "Tell your big bro what went on between you and Lexi."

"We kissed, alright?" I asked him. "Jeez, can't you give me a break?"

"Dude, that's awesome!" he said. "I'm so happy for you guys."

"We just kissed for a few seconds," I said. "It doesn't mean anything."

"Alex, bro, I know that you have a crush on Lexi!" Nat said, as he playfully hit my arm.

I looked at him. "I just don't want the paparazzi to know about us yet."

"They won't," he said. 

I nodded. "Where's Kenzie?"

"She's sleeping in my room," he said. 

"Oh," I said. 

Nat nodded. "Alex, can I ask you something?"

I sighed. "Nat, it's late!" I wined. "Haven't you asked enough questions?"

"It's important," he said.

I shook my head. "Okay, but make it quick. My eyes are getting heavy."

Nat nodded again, and the two of us sat on the couch in the living room.

"What did you want to ask me?" I yawned.

"It's about Kenzie," he sighed. "I wanna... ask her to marry me."

My eyes widened. "R-Really?"

"Yeah," he said. "I already talked to mom and dad about it, and they said that it was about time I asked her to marry me. But, I also wanted to ask you about it, too."

"I think you should do it," I said. "Kenzie is an amazing girl. She really does care about you, me, Lexi, and everyone else in her life. Since you two have reunited a month ago, I've seen you so happy. Come to think of it, I think that Kenzie has made you feel like the happiest man alive."

"She has!" Nat said, smiling at me. 

I nodded and smiled back. "When were you planning on popping the question?"

"Tomorrow night," he said. "I was thinking about taking her out to a movie, then dinner afterwards. During the dinner, that's when I would ask her."

"Do you have a ring?" I asked. 

"Yeah," he said. "I pick it up tomorrow morning."

"Cool!" I yawned again. 

"Thanks for having this conversation with me," said Nat. "I think it's about time we hit the sack."

"No problem, bro," I said. "And, yes. I think we should go to bed now."

Nat smiled. "Okay," he said. "Goodnight Alex.-"

"Wait," I said. "Could you be the best big brother, and carry me to my room?"

"Alex, you're fifteen years old," Nat sighed. "I don't think I have the strength to carry you."