Chapter 53 "Glue"

*Nat's P.O.V.*

I couldn't sleep at all. So many thoughts were going through my head. Not only was I stressing out about my father once again, but now I'm worried that Vicki will try to do something to us all. Now that my mom finally came to her senses that Vicki was a fucking psycho, who knows what's going to happen next?! 

Since I was wide awake, I kept making sure that everything was locked up in our hotel room and that the kids were okay. After that, I went back over to Kenzie and I's bed and lied down next to her as she slept peacefully. I held her closer to my chest and stroked her hair. And of course within a few seconds, she woke up.

Kenzie rubbed her eyes and looked up at me. "Babe, it's three in the morning."

"I-I know," I say as I shake my head. "I can't sleep. All this stuff with my dad is stressing me out again, and now that Vicki no longer works for him or my mom anymore I'm scared that she'll try to find a way to do something horrible just like Margaret did."

"She won't," Kenzie said. "We have our own body guards and security system at home. No one is going to hurt us anymore."

I let out a sigh. "I'm not ready for my dad to die," I said. "I know we didn't really get along well, but I'm not ready to let him go."

Even though all the lights were out, Kenzie could tell that I was about to break down and cry. She pulled me into a hug and rocked my body a little. "We can stay at the hospital for as long as you want."

"I can't stay for too long," I told her. "Everyone wants me back at the movie set as soon as possible."

"Can't you just call them and say that you want to be with your father right now?" She asked. "I mean, he is in a very bad state right now and if you go back there and something happens to him while you're gone,-"

-I know, I know," I said. "I can try to contact them but I doubt that they will let me do anything."

Kenzie nodded and let out a yawn. "Try to get some sleep, okay?"

"Alright," I said. "I love you."

Kenzie smiled. "I love you more, Nathaniel."

I chuckled a little. "Liar...,"

"Nonsense," She whispered. 

I smiled and kissed her softly. I was glad that Kenzie and I were getting along better. Honestly, I have no fucking clue how I would still be living if I didn't have her in my life. Over the last few months, in between filming my new movie we've been going to couple's counseling and it's been helping a lot. After our miscarriage, we just weren't the same. I had a really bad anger problem and whenever something didn't go the way I planned I would just get pissed off at Kenzie or the kids for no good reason. And obviously, Kenzie went through a lot when she lost the baby too. Her moods were all over the place and there would be times when I would try to talk to her to see what her deal was, but in the end she wouldn't want to talk to me about it because of my anger problem.

As Kenzie had gotten sleepier and sleepier, I kissed her uncontrollably. Up and down her neck, her cheeks, forehead. And finally, on the lips.

When I woke up that morning, the kids were awake and watching TV as usual. I was surprised that they were behaving pretty well. It wasn't often when I would see moments like that. And soon after we had all gotten ready for the day, we made our way to the hospital to see my father. I wanted to talk to Alex about the whole deal with him and Lexi, but at the same time it wasn't really any of my business to get in the middle of all of his shit that he was dealing with. So I just kept my distance a little bit.