Chapter 36 "Visiting Hours"

*Kenzie's P.O.V.*

After Nat had his procedure done to help with his snoring problem, he had been recovering in the ICU for about fifteen minutes until his heart had stopped for a few minutes. I was bawling my eyes out. My dearest husband had never gone through something like that before! I was scared. I was scared that Nat would just die right then and there in the ICU. But thankfully, he didn't. Nat was strong enough to pull through it. After about a half an hour of waiting, I was finally able to be with my husband again. I walked over to his bedside and held his hand, glancing at him as he slept peacefully.

"You're going to be okay, Nathaniel," I whisper to him. "I love you so much."

I leaned in and kissed his forehead. His eyes fluttered open, and he mumbled a little. I couldn't really understand what he was trying to say, because he had an oxygen mask over his face. But I could see him mouth the words, "I love you too".

"The procedure went well," I told him. "But while you were recovering, your heart stopped."

And just as I had predicted, Nat fell back asleep.

I called Lexi.

"Dude, what's going on?" She asked. "Is Nat okay?!"

I nod. "He's fine."

She sighs in relief. "Thank god."

"Are the boys behaving themselves?" I asked.

"Nate is taking a nap and Shane and Jason are watching a movie," She said. "Would you like me or Alex to stop by the hospital?"

I glanced at my husband, Nat. He was still sound asleep. "Maybe in a little while. I don't know."

"Okay," She said. "If you need anything, I'm only one call away."

I smiled, briefly. "Thank you."

After my conversation with Lexi, I tweeted out that Nat was recovering and that he was doing fine. I also took a selfie of Nat and I while he was napping. Then I decided to take a nap, too. And then I had the worst nightmare anyone could ever have.

"Hey sweetie, do you want to order something to eat?" I asked him, politely. "Dr. Jonas says that you can eat now."

Nat didn't respond. He just sat in bed, crossing his arms and staring at his feet.

I sat on the edge of his bed and rubbed his leg. "Nat, is everything okay?"

"Don't touch me!" Nat groaned.

I raised an eyebrow and slowly got up from the bed and went and sat in a chair.

"Bitch," Nat huffed under his breath.

My jaw dropped. "Excuse me?!"

Nat rolled his eyes. "You just HAD to kiss my brother! What kind of wife are you?!"

I was on the verge of tears. "Nat, we already talked this over."

"-Kenzie, I'm not a fucking idiot!" He says, getting even angrier. "You cheated on me and you know it!"

I shook my head. "W-We only kissed for a few seconds!" I began to cry. "I-It's not like we fucked or anything. You need to calm down!"

As I grabbed my purse, Nat was just staring me down. I never knew he would get this pissed off! I mean yeah, Alex and I kissed. Nat and I talked it over before he had his surgery and he was upset about it. But he told me that he was more upset with Alex because he was the one who kissed me in the first place.