Chapter 44

Clarinia stood frozen in place. Kai and Nya tensed up, staring right back at the figure in front of them. The sibling's eyes pooled up with fear, shock, and anger. Then, the younger of the two spoke up, breaking the ever last in silence that controlled the room.

"Claire?"

"H-Hey, Nya. Long time no see, right?"

Entering the room, Clarinia rubbed her hand on the nape of her neck in awkwardness, unaware of what was to come next. Kai on the other hand, was spaced out, staring at the newcomer. His eyes bore into Claire's.

"Kai?"

Something stung against his cheek, snapping his head to the side. His head began working once more, realizing who it was that was in front of him. Until the after effects of Clarinia's slap began to immediately effect Kai.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry."

Clarinia spoke up bluntly, looking away with a light blush on her cheeks.

"We thought you died."

He spit out before covering his mouth. Hurt, and guilt smashed against Clarinia's heart. Without a moment to hesitate, both figures engulfed each other in an overdue hug.

Nya smiled. Happiness overfilled her. We've got our best friend back.

"So, how about we leave this place?"

"Actually, please elaborate why you left."

Clarinia sweat dropped, feeling the familiar anxiety emotion slowly creeping its way into her head. Seriously!? We just shared a heart felt moment. We don't have any time for explanations now- "Fine. I got scared-Happy?"

Nya had the look of being unsatisfied, which she truly was. "Back to to the task at hand, we have approximately 11 hours until something bad happens."

"How bad are we talking about?"

Turning to face the female, Clarinia's colored eyes darkened slightly. "To put it short and simple, let's just say the fate of Ninjago rests in our hands again."

Kai then seemed to speak up, finally finding his opportunity to speak, and his own voice. "Why? What exactly is going on out there?" Both girls drew their attention to the Ninja of Fire, who had his focuds on Clarinia.

"Ever since the funeral- There's been a time limit on how long I get to be here in Ninjago. So now- We need to leave. Jay and the others are working with the lost spirit, so we don't have much time to get you both out of here."

~

With 4 hours to spare, the ninja, Clarinia, and Nya made it back to the house in one piece. By the time Clarinia closed the door, she wanted to go to sleep. But, the girl noticed Garmadon and Misako staring at her with unfamiliar emotions in their eyes.

"What's going on?"

"Six months Clarinia. No note. No anything. You know how worried we were?"

"Shut up!"

The said girl felt her emtions taking over. Misako gasps. Everyone that watched the event occur was frozen by her outburst. But I don't care anymore. She's not my mom. My life has been a complete lie. A complete lie. A double life filled with fake memories.

I just want the simple old life when Mason and James and I were best friends and played in the woods. Or when we would fight each other for fun.

Now it's the complete opposite.

"Don't you-"

"You're not my mom!" Clarinia hissed through gritted teeth.

I wish I could change it all. Forget I met the ninja. Forget Skales kidnapped me or gave me the necklace or when he 'kissed' me all those months ago. If only I could just go back in time.

"Sometimes I just wish it would be over ya know?"

Then it hit her. Garmadon traveled to the future and came back. I look down at him hopeful. He nods his head slightly no. So this is how it must be done, huh? Then why not have a little fun with my last days in Ninjago?