Chapter 17

I reread the letter as Zane injected the needle in Mason's arm. I look to see Zane looking at me. Worry filled his eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"There's something troubling you." He says walking to my side.

I didn't say a word. I just have him the paper. I saw his jaw drop as he finished.

"What are we going to do?" He asks as we leave the room.

"You read the other one. Didn't you." I whisper going down the stairs.

"Yes. But only you understand it. We have to tell Sensie." He says.

"Zane. He lied to me about being his daughter. Lied right in my face. I can't trust him. But, I will tell the others. Minus Kai and my mother."

"Okay. But its 2 in the morning. Get some rest." He says.

THE NEXT DAY (Afternoon)

I changed into regular clothes and saw everyone eating lunch. And Kai's girlfriend. Even Mason and James were there. So I walk in and grab an apple. Everyone was watching me. I nod at Zane and went outside. Now I want a sandwich.

"So who's the girl?" I ask as soon as he came out.

"Her name's Ana." He says.

"Ana. Okay. We need a distraction. Something to make Sensie and Kai leave." I said thinking.

"Maybe something came up at the monastery." Zane suggested.

"Perfect."