Chapter 5

Clarinia's POV

"Father?" I ask tilting my head slightly.

"Yes my daughter. You must join the darkside to save your beloved Ninjago. Or suffer if you choose to stay and fight me." He says in a whisper.

It was like he was in a library or something. When it was just us two down here. Or, was he afraid? Of someone coming down here and taking him on? I mean, he's the Overlord! He can take on anyone! Except Lloyd I guess. And possibly me. But this is sketchy.

James's POV

Something's wrong. I can feel it in the air. When Clarinia stormed out, she was hiding something. Again. She always has a problem with keeping stuff. Secrets and emotions especially. She never seems to want to give it up, or tell anyone. She's like a dome, waiting for someone to break her.

"Dad?" I ask looking at him.

"Mason, close the door on your way out." He says looking at my cousin.

He nods, looking a bit confused. Probably for the reason as to why he couldn't stay. But he does so and leaves.

"You're not who you thinhk you are." Father says looking at me sadly.

"You're not my real father, right?" I ask taking a step back from him.

He only nods. So Sensie lied to me and Claire once more. But why? If he's not our dad, then who is? Feeling anger take over, I storm out of the room. I walk down the small hallway and go outside to find my sister with Mason. Something's wrong and I plan to find out what it was.

Being the brother I am, I hug her and Mason tightly and I felt her shaking. I look down at her frail figure to see she was crying. A few moments later, she sniffles and steps away, wiping away the tears on her face. From her body language, she needs to tell us something. Something big.

"What's wrong Claire? You know you can tell us anything."

Mason spoke softly. That's Mason for you. Always the kind and caring one, when need be. Otherwise he's hard as a rock.

'I know. I know." She says looking at him.

"What do you need to tell us?"

I question, looking into her purple eyes. She sighs, a sigh of defeat. But- this must me very important or very big, if she sighs like that. I suddenly feel a familiar emotion of nervousness and fear.

"I must join The Overlord's dark side."

That's not what I had wanted to hear from her.