Chapter 20

He pulled away. The girl in front of him watched as his eyes rolled towards the top of his head. Crap. Kai went limp, passing out on top of Clarinia. The two ninjas fell to the ground with a loud thump. James worriedly moves his eyes away from Kai and Clarinia.

Once Kai, still passed out, was on one of the couches, the purple ninja sits next to her ex, leaning forward so her elbows were on her thighs, proping her up. Like in countless TV shows and movies, she leans down more, running both hands through her dark colored hair in worry.

"What the heck happened!?"

James panics, once noticing Kai passed out next to Clarinia. Everyone kept quiet. James took it as the time to just sit down and listen. This does look bad. I wonder what Ana is going to say when she sees Kai knocked out next to me. Jay decided to comment on the situation, seeing as no one was willing to talk.

"He never snaps at Nya."

"How did he even find Ana?"

"Everyone shut up for a minute."

The purple ninja interrupts, feeling rather annoyed at everyone talking at once. She pushed aside Lloyd's question, glancing at the red ninja momentarily. Everyone held their breath, waiting. The girl stood up, addressing everyone, but her ex-boyfriend like a child, even with him knocked out.

"Kai was hypnotized."

"By who?"

"Scales."

She let out a soft groan. "Wait. So if he hypnotized Kai...then..."

"Yes. In a way, that snake kissed me. Ew!"

Clarinia gasped, jumping up from her seat. The people in the room watch as she speeds down the hall. Presumably to the bathroom, to probably vomit. Instead, the girl leaned herself over the sink, feeling nauseous. Looking up at the reflection of herself in the mirror, her mouth drew out a soft sigh.

Checking herself, she walked back out, and into the living room where Kai was talking to Ana. At least he's awake. The girl then notices Lloyd, who beckons her to the doorway to the kitchen.

"You alright?"

"Beside Scales taking a like in me, I guess so."

Clarinia laughed slightly. Both her and Lloyd took a seat next to each other on the opposite end of the room where Kai and Ana were to talk. Lloyd looked into Clarinia's eyes, curiosity glazed over them.

"You remember the note that was by Mason's bed, righy?

"Yeah, why are you asking? Is something wrong?"

The girl knitted her eyebrows together in worry. Lloyd shook his head, assuring the girl that she shouldn't worry, more rather, question. What Clarinia didn't expect, was for Lloyd to bring up something completely off topic.

"Who is the Immortal King?"