Chapter 11

Third Person Pov

Young Clarinia thinks she has the common cold. But sadly, that's not the case with her. While she was knocked out, the snakes put in a very powerful venom into her system.A combination of all the Serpentine's blood.And if not cured by the first full moon,will result in something very, very bad. Luckily, the Overlord has taken notice whilst watching her in the shadows.

"Clarinia?" Mason asks entering her bedroom.

"Y- Yeah?" She asks softly.

"Have you ever gotten sick before?" Her cousin questions, leaning on the bed frame.

She thought to herself for a minute. From what they both know, Clarinia has never been sick before. Ever.

"N- No. Why are you.. asking?" She asks a bit louder.

"We took a trip to the snake tomb early this morning and overheard their conversation. They said that they put venom into your body and will be completed on the full moon. Which is on Sunday. Today is Tuesday." Mason explained to his relative.

"How dare they fucking put poison in me?!" She asks angrily in her head.

"Mason. I need to tell you something. You mustn't say a word to anyone else if you wanna get killed. Understand?" She whispers.

He nods. But as a precaution, they made sure every shadow wasn't there. Which was Clarinia's fear, which was what she first told Mason.

"Okay, I only have a year to be with you all." She whispers.

"What? A year? Why?" He asks worried.

"My dreadful dad. I don't wanna leave though. But I know you and James are supposed to come with me for the little hand over." Clarinia explains.

"O- Okay." Mason had replied shakily.

"Not a word to anyone. He'll kill you. Now, I really need sleep." She says yawning.

He says goodbye and turns off all the lights. But The Overlord was wondering why all the shadows weren't there when his daughter was talking to his cousin. Why?