Chapter 23

The next morning, Clarinia woke up refreshed, and quickly changed into daytime clothes, before heading downstairs to meet up with her friends and family. An odd feeling of uneasiness settled into her with each step. Something was coming, something would happen, but what would that be?

"Morning everyone."

"Afternoon Claire." Lloyd smiled. The girl creased her eyebrows together before shrugging her shoulders. Zane noticed the silent action.

"Something wrong?" 

"Nope."

The Purple Ninja faced her friends. But they were short a few people. Sensei, Garmadon, Misako, Ana, and Kai aren't here. "Where's Kai at?"

"He said something about alone time. I think it's because he dumped Ana earlier today."

At that last part, Clarinia perked up internally, before rewinding. "Oh, okay. I'll be up in my room then. Knock before you enter." The girl left the comforts of the living room and retreated back up into her room.

Not too far from the house, Kai was taking a nap against a tree, unaware of the danger he was in. Kai is all alone. All alone. No ninja. No Sensei Wu or that traitor Garmadon. My army may have saved the ninja before, and gained their trust, but now it's time for us to rule again!

The figure slowly snuck up on the Red Flamed Ninja. With a swift move, Kai was trapped inside a sack. On alert and freaking out, Kai began struggling to try to escape. What the hell is going on!?

His thoughts were cut short. One slam to the side of the tree, and Kai was out cold. Phase one complete.

"Back to the Underworld!"