Chapter 8

Clarinia's Pov

"How exactly are you going to do that?" I ask.

"By using the necklace."

He takes it out of his pocket, wait.. snakes have pockets? Never mind. The dark force that knocked me out was long gone off the necklace, making myself about to stay awake. Which I displeased. Scales hands me the necklace before following the other 3 snake tribe leaders to the 4 corners of the room we're in.

While I had the necklace in my hands, they all started muttering something dark. A few minutes later, I felt the room go very cold. A dark presence was here. Did they summon.. oh right. My real dad was here.

"How's James?"  His smooth voice asks me.

"He's fine, dad...But is he my half brother?" I ask carefully.

"Yes. I always knew you were smart." He smiles, at least I think he smiled.

"So why did you give me to him, to Sensie I mean."

"To protect you and to let the prophecy come true."He says.

I believed him with the answer he gave me. I thought he was gone. I believed, with others, that Lloyd had taken him down, and defeated him. But as they say, 'Where there is light, there is always darkness. Or, 'Where there is evil, there is goodness somewhere inside them.'

"Then can I go? To at least stay here, until its time?" I ask.

He was hesitant with his answer. "Yes. But by this time in one year, you will make your final choice." He says before disappearing.

The snakes come back out and I chose to leave. Like, literally, I just walked out the cave. But, I easily found my way back to my base. I opened the door to the house and everyone looked to the door and became quiet.

"Hello?" I ask.

Kai gets up and gives me a hug. If only he knew what I really thought of him... Oh Claire! Shut up with your depressing crap and pull yourself together! He still loves you so at least be happy for that! I smile into the hug and then the rest of my friends and somewhat family hugs me as well.

"What happened?" James asks the million dollar question.

"Well... the snakes took me to... negotiate with the Overlord."

"WHAT?!" They all yell, scaring me.

"Scales said that the necklace helped him,the Overlord get there. But he was talking about why he gave me to Sensie."I explain sitting on the couch.

"Well, at least your safe." Mason assures me.

"Yeah, for now."I said.

But, it was true, yes. But the deal I made with dad, I couldn't get it out of my head. I have a year left in this place I call home before I make a choice.