Worry

prompt: "Could u do a fic where Lin sees jas crying/upset and gives her advice?"

this is...so basic but !

——————————————————————

Jasmine wasn't the type to get emotional, but this was different.

When Anthony was looking for apartments, he always had Jasmine in mind. He wanted to pick an apartment that they could spend a few years in, one that both of them would love.

But his only issue was that he couldn't ask her. It was too hard, it was too risky.

So after he got settled in to the best of his ability, he started to have Jasmine over more often, hoping maybe that would hint something that he wanted her to move in with him, but that wasn't how it worked.

The two were sitting on the couch, the sound of an old movie muffled by the low volume.

Jasmine was curled into Anthony's side as they stayed quiet, Anthony just admiring the sight of how gorgeous his girlfriend was.

"Hey Ant? Have you ever, you know, thought about us moving in together?" Jasmine asked, growing quiet after she asked the question.

Anthony's mind was moving a mile a minute since the second the question was asked. What? She felt the same? Seriously? But then the wrong words left his mouth and before he knew it, he fucked everything up.

"I'm not sure if that would be very good for us," He spoke, instantly regretting it the moment the words left his mouth.

Jasmine grew quiet, her cheeks heating up with embarrassment about totally getting turned down.

"I....I think I should go," Jasmine quickly decided as she moved out of her boyfriends arms and towards the door to slip her shoes on and grab her stuff.

"Shit, Jazzy..." Anthony mumbled under his breathe, but he couldn't bring himself to stop her. He couldn't stop her from leaving him.

"Have a nice night, Anthony," Jasmine's voice was small and quiet as she grabbed her keys off the counter and made her way out the door.

Anthony regretted that night so badly. If he just wasn't scared enough to speak up and speak his mind then this shit wouldn't happening, but he was too scared and was now in risk of loosing Jas for good.

Work the next day was something that both Anthony and Jasmine were scared of. Either way, they would be stuck performing together. They had many cues together as well and couldn't avoid each other at those at all.

Jasmine expected to hold up fine and act like nothing was wrong, but she broke down the second she saw Anthony. She immediately rushed to her dressing room to cry, something that felt childish to her, but she really did need it.

Then Lin went looking for her, unaware of anything happening, trying to ask her a question about the weeks Ham4Ham:

He didn't knock, just walking in. But he never expected to see Jasmine curled up on her bean bag chair with a blanket pulled over herself, crying.

He gasped and quickly walked over to her, "Hey, Jazzy, what's up? Is everything okay? Why are you crying...?" He was worried. Jasmine never cried in public for no reason, so this had to be for a good reason.

"It's Anthony," Was all Jasmine could get out before Lin sighed and immediately started talking again.

"What!? What did he do to you? I'll kick him out of the show, I swear...!" Lin threatened. He had always been protected of Jasmine and Anthony as a couple and as individuals, so seeing Jas cry over him wasn't an enjoyable experience for him at all.

"Lin, don't. He just—he just said that moving in together wasn't a good idea. I know it's not a big thing but it hurt. He knows how much I love him and want to be with him forever so him reacting like this to a small question hurt," Jasmine admitted.

"Hey," Lin whispered once he noticed how sad this was actually making Jasmine, "You need to talk to him. He loves you, Jas! I'm sure he wants to move in with you, hell I think he even wants to marry you one day...! The kid loves you, you just need to talk to him, I don't think he meant the words that he said," Lin explained, the voice of reason that stopped the panicked thoughts flowing through Jasmine's mind.

"That's a good idea," Jasmine spoke up after a few minutes, looking up at her best friend, "Seriously, it helped a lot, thank you, I really needed that," Jasmine admitted as she sat up and wiped the makeup from under her eyes.

"It's no problem, Jazzy. I just want my favorite lovers to be okay all the time!" He slightly joked, earning a gentle shove from Jas.

"Now go talk to your man." Lin helped her up and gestured down the hall to where Anthony and Oak's dressing room was.

Although the entire situation terrified Jasmine, she was glad she had someone like Lin to talk her through it. Except she was much happier months later when the couple actually began to move into together, everything slowly falling into place in their lives.