Confidence

prompt: "i'm working on this confidence thing"

——————————————————————

Anthony was never too confident. Sure, he always got the girls he liked in school but did that help? Not really.

When he met Jasmine and they started dating he couldn't help but confused on why him, why she chose him.

She could do much better. Maybe find someone who was taller, hotter and funnier.

Jasmine never believed this. She believed the opposite actually. She thought that Anthony could do better than her if anything, but overall she thought they were perfect for each other, like soulmates maybe.

She noticed Anthony was getting sadder and spending more time looking in the mirror lately.

"Baby? What's wrong?" She softly spoke up one day when she saw him staring at himself in the mirror.

"I'm just, I'm working on this confidence thing," He started, running a hand through his messy hair, "It's so hard,"

Jasmine frowned and wrapped her arms around him, "Baby. I love you," Is one of the only things she knew how to say right now.

"I love you too. But you could do so much better Jazzy. Maybe find a taller and cu—" He was cut off by Jasmine pressing her lips against his.

Once she broke apart from the kiss, she took his hands in hers.

"You're amazing, Ant. You're the only one I want and I don't care if you think there's better guys out there because there isn't to me, you're the best guy I got and the only guy I want," Jasmine looked into his eyes, hoping he'd just listen to her.

"Okay," Anthony whispered, letting everything she just said set in.

Jasmine loved him. She would always love him and only him, not some over guy.

After a few minutes he spoke up, "Thank you," Is all he could say.

"It's really no problem. I'm so in love with you." She didn't give him time to respond and instead kisses him again, something he happily returned.

Being with Jasmine was great, but he sometimes had these negative thoughts that he could barely get to go away. The only good thing was that he had Jasmine there to reassure him he was enough and he would forever be grateful for that.