Broken Legs

prompt: "I can tell. You're wincing."

————————————————————————

Brooklyn was a lot like her dad. She enjoyed being adventurous, pushing herself to her upmost limits just to make her family and friends laugh.

The entire family was out at the park, seven year old Brooklyn, ten year old Mason and thirteen year old Mia all somewhat playing together while their parents watched.

Except Brooklyn and Mason we're arguing over who was the strongest and the best at "playground gymnastics", as the kids called it, while their older sister just sat on her phone on a bench far away from everyone.

"Mase it's me! I'm the bestest!" Brooklyn exclaimed, pushing in front of her older and taller brother, the boy easily getting his height from his father while Brooklyn clearly got her height from her mother.

"Mrs. Adams told me bestest isn't a word so I am way better than you because I know my spelling and I passed all my spelling and word tests this month!" Mason explained, clearly proud even though his grammar wasn't the best.

"Well Mrs. Adams is a stupid head," Brooklyn mumbles, crossing her arms.

"You're a stupid head...!" Mason fought back, "You're not strong either Brook, I'm the strongest, just ask Mama and Daddy!" He glared at her.

Then Brooklyn glanced around, smirking when she saw a somewhat high up slide.

When she knew her parents weren't looking she snuck away with her brother and walked over to the slide, nervously glancing down at the ground.

"This is really high up," The little girl murmured to herself as she pushes her curls that were blowing in the wind out of her face.

Then she did it, slowly walking down the slide. "Mase, Mase, look at me! I'm the be—" But then the slide got too slippery and she slipped and fell, landing on her leg the wrong way.

"Mama! Daddy!" Mason yelled once he saw his little sister on the ground crying, "Brook got hurt!"

Then that mentally registered for the two parents and they quickly walked over to their little girl who was now being crowded around by her siblings.

"Baby what happened?" Jasmine asked once Anthony lifted the little girl over to a bench.

"I-I wanted to show Mase I was the strongest and the bestest by climbing down the slide b-but Mama I fell..." The little girl sniffled, crying into her moms shoulder.

"Let's try to bend your leg, okay?" Anthony suggested, holding his little girls hand.

"Okay daddy," Brooklyn sniffled, trying to bend her leg but just crying harder when she did so.

"That hurts!" She cried into her moms shoulder.

"I can tell. You're wincing," Jasmine sighed, rubbing her daughters back.

"I think it's broken," Jasmine decided as she turned to look at her husband.

"I know. My poor baby," He sighed, holding his little girls hand, "Hospital...?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Of course." Jasmine nodded.

Brooklyn was a dare devil and it terrified Jasmine how similar to her father she was. She was terrified her little girl would hurt herself even more and in this moment she was just lucky her little girl would slowly heal and be alright.