Dare

prompt: "you asked me out over a dare!?"

——————————————————————

It was a stupid dare. Everyone was drunk and the guys were playing a stupid game of truth or dare while the girls were in the female ensemble dressing room doing something similar, except they were pretty sober, unlike the guys.

"Ant," Daveed slurred, pointing a finger at him, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Anthony said, suddenly feeling really confident and hyper, something he could easily blame on the drinks.

"I dare you to ask Jazzy out," Daveed smirked, the other boys laughing loudly and pushing Anthony towards the girls dressing room.

"Okay," Anthony said, now confident. He would never do this sober.

He walked over to the girls dressing room, knocking a few times until Carleigh answered the door.

"Yes?" She said, looking him up and down, trying to see how drunk he was.

He surprisingly wasn't acting too drunk, or sounding too drunk.

"Can I see Jazzy?" He asked, bouncing on his heels.

"Yeah okay.." Carleigh trailed off, slightly suspicious as she called for Jas to come to the door.

"Hey Ant!" She smiled happily when she saw him, a smile spreading across her face as well.

"Hey Jazzy.." He smiled, "Soooo, you like, wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked.

Her eyes widened as she mentally freaked out, the words seeming to get lost from how happy she was.

"Ye—Yeah of course...!" She quickly stuttered out, Anthony smiling and hugging her.

And with that, he walked away, leaving Jasmine slightly confused but still happy as she went to tell the girls.

The couple blocked that moment out of their lives for a while, Jasmine never finding out it was a dare or that he was drunk.

One day the now married couple were laying in bed together, Jasmine lazily playing with her husbands fingers.

"You know, I didn't think a dare would turn out into something this amazing," Anthony casually said.

"What..?" Jasmine stuttered out, beyond confused as she slightly pulled her body away from his.

"The guys and I were playing truth or dare and they knew I was like crazyyy in love with you so they dared me to ask you out and I did," Anthony brushed off, not getting how bad this made Jasmine felt.

"Is that all this is? A dare?" She croaked out, sitting up and moving farther away from him.

"Jazzy, no. I'm in love with you baby..! You're my wife. That dare..that dare was the only thing that got me to talk to you!" He quickly explained, getting a bit scared at how Jasmine was reacting.

"I don't know if I can do this if you keep secrets from me," Jasmine whispered as she packed a bag for a few nights. She didn't know where she was going but she needed to leave for right now, she couldn't let him see her cry.

"Jas please don't go. God I can't loose you," Anthony stuttered out as Jasmine was now in the doorway.

"I'll see you sometime Anthony." With that she left, going off to one of her friends to sulk and cry.

Anthony never meant for this to happen. It was a dare, but it wasn't supposed to be like that. He loved Jasmine and he was terrified he just ruined everything. He just hoped that they could fix this.