For Forever

word count: 3,007

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave feedback!! i really love this fic and i would be really sad if it didn't get love or feedback!!!

——————————————————————

They broke up. There were many others ways to put it, splitting up, ending things or entering a new chapter of their lives; but the most simple way to put it was that they broke up.

Breakups are categorized, they always are. There's the bad breakups that ruin you and kill you inside, then there's the mutual breakups that hurt the both of you but it slowly gets better, there's the messy breakups that usually end in the most dramatic fight, and then there's the way Jasmine and Anthony broke up.

Sudden, that's what it was. Everything was good, great even before it all crashed done. Months before their actual fall, Jasmine was acting off. The older girl was shaky, nervous, panicky and all the other words for a complete wreck. One day when her and Anthony were sitting on the couch watching some Netflix documentary, she brought the three simple words that had the ability to ruin a person mentally and emotionally.

"Can we talk?"

Jasmine's voice was shaky, her nerves building up even more when Anthony turned his head to face her and uttered a simple, "Sure," all nonchalant-like. But to Jasmine the word had more meaning as she processed it seconds after he said it. It was a simple word, but it was venomous. The word seemed like it held all the evil in the world inside it and that killed her.

But she continued on like normal, and told him that things between them felt different and Anthony just asked her to explain. The thing about his tone of voice that killed her inside was how calm he sounded. He sounded like nothing was wrong, not like their relationship was becoming more rockier by the second or anything. Oh the inside she knew he was cracking, that the solid and calm facade he was showing her was nothing but a mere image of how he wanted to be thinking, but he wasn't.

The night progressed on and tears ensued but they weren't broken up, they weren't broken up just yet, that would come soon enough too. Jasmine split into the guest bedroom and Anthony took their bedroom. She wanted to sleep, she really did but she couldn't, the hamster wheel of thought kept moving along, thinking of more ridiculous theories by the second. Jasmine only got two hours of sleep before her body woke herself up again.

They struggled along for another month before everything, every single thing, came crashing down on top of the couple. It started with a fight, a small fight over who's house they would be at for the next holiday but then it maneuvered itself into a huge fight, words the two would soon regret being yelled back and forth with no regret at that current time.

"You know what? I cant do this anymore!"

Those were the words Jasmine yelled that silenced the room that was filled with yelling and slight movement as they shuffled back and forth, their hands moving with them as they yelled.

She saw Anthony go blank. Well, he went blank in his physical reaction but she knew on the inside everything in his brain was moving too fast. Like the hamster wheel in her brain, except it was moving too damn fast and if any hamster was on it they so would've fallen off it by now.

When Anthony finally spoke his voice was shaky, his voice was broken and slow. His physical state changed as his shoulders slumped and his eyes grew sad. But Anthony's words, his words were simple, they always were when he was dying on the inside, or wanting to die on the inside.

All he could choke out was a shaky, "Okay," then his gaze shifted downwards and onto the floor as he tried to compose himself and not break down in front of the girl he was hopelessly in love with and knew he would never stop loving.