Stereotypes

prompt: "they warned me about you."

——————————————————————

Jasmine and Anthony started dating in high school. Anthony was labeled as a 'bad boy' but he knew that's not who he was.

So when he started dating Jasmine, a girl who was quieter and less popular than him, everyone was surprised.

They through insults at her left and right, claiming that she's probably paying him to date her. Or that maybe she got pregnant with his kid and he's stuck with her.

None of that was true though. Anthony loved her and he cared about her so much and even she knew that.

The two were seniors now, months away from graduating. They were innocent compared to everyone else. Anthony respected her boundaries like he should and the farthest they even went until college started was making out.

The two were in Jasmine's bedroom, home alone now as her mom was out working.

"You know," Jasmine started as she played with her boyfriends long curls, "They warned me about you,"

"What does that mean?" Anthony was slightly curious now.

"Everyone told me you'd be a bad boy, you'd hurt me and play me, that maybe this was all a dare," Jasmine explained.

"I've never been like that," Anthony admitted and Jasmine nodded.

"I know and I'm happy about that. You love me and care about me..respect me too and I can't thank you enough for that," Jasmine could feel herself getting emotional and she didn't even know why.

"I love you Jazzy. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm so lucky with you," He ran a hand through her hair soothingly.

"Thank you." Then she pressed her lips to his, something he happily returned.

Anthony lived through a stereotype, one that wasn't true at all. Now he was just happy that someone overlooked that stereotype and loved him for who he really was.