Depression

prompt: "One of them is depressed and gets better when they meet the other"

this message is what i'll be putting on all these fics dealing with deep topics just as a precaution. i'll put down the topics it deals with at the beginning as well. if you can't read these because some of these topics are triggering to you, please don't read it, i'll still love you. on another note, i asked for deep ideas and concepts so i could somewhat put the fact that these things happen into a new spectrum and area. showing that things like death, cheating, depression, alcoholism, etc exist is important. so this just awareness on those issues. i'm 100% not meaning to romanticize any of these topics as with some i personally know how hard they are to deal with and that you can't magically go back to being 'normal' when you finally meet someone you love. because love is different and scary, you shouldn't randomly change for a person. your mental illnesses, etc carry on even when you meet that person and that's okay. long note, yes but it's pretty needed. i'll also probably attach personal notes to each one of these fics as well. as always, i'm always here for you guys and you can message me anytime. also if any of this is done wrong, please tell me and i'll delete it. i want these things to be accurate, even if each case and feeling is different to a certain person. love you guys.

with fics dealing with topics like these, i'll either be researching or using personal experience. this one is based off my experiences of being in a relationship and also being depressed and how that works out. (though not all of it is truly accurate to my situation; it's just based off of it) again, not trying to romanticize this idea whatsoever because it's not something that's cute or trendy.

leave feedback please

——————————————————————

Depression came in waves for Jasmine. She would be happy one moment then some small event would happen and her day was ruined as she began to question everything, quickly growing more emotional than before.

Even during some of the best events in her life she still felt the heavy feeling on her. But most times it wasn't obvious it was there, it wasn't showing the symptoms straight on but Jasmine still knew it was there, slowly eating away at her.

There was times when people could tell how she was feeling. Sometimes someone would say something simple and it triggered a reaction that brought her to tears and questions about everything in her life, if it was even worth it anymore. But most of the time everything just felt heavy. She almost always felt tired, opting to take naps instead of going out for events. It was the little things that stressed her out, her mom suggesting that they go out to dinner causing her to burst into tears because she didn't have enough time to get ready.

Jasmine put in her brain the mental idea that once she met the person she would love forever that the depression would be gone and she would be happy again, but that was far from true.

She met Anthony when she was 25 and she instantly felt sparks. But then she felt the anxiety from the thought of it all crashing down and she would never ever be happy again.

Soon into her relationship she felt comfortable enough to tell Anthony about her depression, something he was sweet about but he really didn't get how it worked, assuming that maybe surrounding her with happy things would help her out the most.

Jasmine soon realized that it hurt even more. It felt heavier, the weight on her shoulders almost overpowering her. She cared for herself and another person now and that thought terrified her. Her job was to make another person happy and she couldn't even make herself happy.

Anthony wanted to help her, he really did but Jasmine didn't know how he could help and honestly, he didn't know either.

So when Jasmine had her small panic attacks due to the thoughts that were swirling around her head all he knew how to do was hold her close and tell her how important she was, how much he loved her.

It was late at night one night, the thoughts swirling through Jasmine's head as usual, her eyes focusing on her boyfriend who was asleep next to her.

There was times when it hurt so bad that she didn't know if she could do it anymore, and she was so close to doing something.

She was moving to get out of bed when she heard Anthony's voice, causing her to jump up and look at him in shock.

"Baby where are you going?" Anthony pouted, his voice sleepy as he pushed his tangled hair out of his face.

"Don't worry about it baby," Jasmine weakly smiled and leaned over to press a kiss to his forehead.

"I worry about you a lot," Anthony sighed, his state of mind too foggy to realize that wasn't the right thing to say.

Jasmine didn't mean to start crying at that, but she did and it caused Anthony to wake up even more.

"I'm so sorry," She cried quietly, wrapping her arms around her body, "I'm a living mess and you have to deal with my bullshit all the time. I'm so sorry,"

"Baby," Anthony soothed, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend and gently pulling her back onto the bed and into his arms, "You aren't a mess Jazzy. Your mental health...it's so important. It's fine if it's not perfect, no ones is. I worry about you because I want you safe and happy and I know I can't really control that and it scares me to what I could wake up to sometimes. I love you Jas," Anthony sighed, gently running his fingers through his girlfriends hair as he poured his emotions out to her.

After a few moments of silence Jasmine finally spoke up, turning to look at her boyfriend.

"You really don't think I'm a mess?" She questioned, the sleepiness in her voice almost inevitable.

"Of course I don't baby girl. You're far from a mess. But baby, I want to help you. This, this isn't healthy for you to hold this in. I want to help you," Anthony tried to explain, hoping Jasmine would understand and not get offended.

"I think that's a good idea," She finally admitted.

Anthony couldn't help but smile at her as he let her slip out of his arms and lay down next to her.

"I love you." He whispered once the two of them were laying back down, Jasmine curled into his side.

When she didn't respond he got slightly concerned but the feeling was soon replaced with happiness as he realized she had fallen asleep in his arms, something that hadn't happened in so long with the couple.

Jasmine knew that she needed to put herself before her partner, but it was pretty difficult. She knew she needed help, she knew this would be for the better if she could get herself in check and slowly be able to be there for Anthony.

She loved him, and he loved her, but she needed to learn how to love herself.