Mean

prompt: "he has said really mean things to you."

———————————————————

Jasmine knew she should never keep in contact with an ex, especially when the relationship ended badly and she was now happily in a new relationship.

Her breakup with Anthony hurt worse than anything she had ever felt. She didn't know what to do with herself after that. She was heartbroken, she really believed he was the one but apparently she was wrong.

It started in fights and escalated to name calling and insults, the relationship getting more and more toxic by the minute.

But now Jasmine was happily married to a new guy she met, Nick. She was even two months pregnant with their child. But it never felt the same. The sparks weren't the same when she was with Anthony. Those sparks felt electric, and this new relationship just seemed wrong and not natural for her.

She couldn't help but scroll through his Facebook page one day, wondering what he was up to now.

Relationship status..single. Job..some musical that was on Broadway now. She was happy for him, so happy for him.

But then she scrolled and saw pictures of him and some blond who was standing too close for her liking. She knew it was wrong. She was married, happily married at that, and expecting a child with this man. Anthony was the past, Nick was the future.

"Babe what are you doing?" Her husband asked, catching a glimpse of her computer and causing her to jump.

"I don't really know," She admitted, pulling her knees to her chest as best as she could.

Her husband wrapped his arms around her and she tried to get comfortable, but she couldn't. His arms weren't warm and welcoming like Anthony's.

"You should really block him," Her husband spoke up, "He said really mean things to you," He admitted.

"I know. But I miss our friendship. I just wonder how he's doing," She sighed.

"You don't have feelings for him, do you?" Nick asked, completely catching Jasmine off guard.

"God no. He's an asshole. But he was a good friend and I miss our friendship...just our friendship," The lie slid off her tongue and the most uncomfortable way ever. Friends. Only friends, that's what they were now.

"You shouldn't worry about him Jazzy. You're happy with me and we're gonna have a little baby. Just forget him." Her husband said and Jasmine knew she had to believe him, or she would convince herself he was right.

The feeling never went away. She always missed Anthony but she would never know how he felt. She just hoped he was happy now.