Caught

prompt: "i think you're lying."

(part two to the music teachers fic!!)

——————————————————————

Jasmine and Anthony didn't mean to stay up and get drunk on a 'school night' but it happened.

Then one thing led to another and they were in bed, Anthony's lips trailing down Jasmine's skin.

The two fell asleep hours after that, the alarms on their phones sure being a wake up call for hours to come.

They woke up, trying to look presentable as they quickly drove to school.

Jasmine walked into her class, not even noticing the hickey on her neck and well no one had bothered to point it out to her as well.

"Miss Jasmine?" One of the little girls who was coming early for rehearsal practice help asked.

"Yeah Ellie?" Jasmine weakly smiled, trying to ignore the feeling of sleepiness as she looked down at her student.

"What's that thingy on your neck?" Ellie asked, pointing directly at the somewhat large bruise on Jasmine's neck.

"What are you talking about honey? Is there something there?" Jasmine asked, extremely confused.

"It's a bruise," The little girl stared, "Its red and it looks like it hurts," The little girl said with a nod.

"Oh," Jasmine whispered, mentally cursing herself and Anthony for letting them get that carried away last night.

"What is it? Does it hurt? Where'd it come from? My mommy had one of those and told me it comes from when someone loves them like my daddy loves her...! Is that where it's from..!?" She squealed, suddenly interested if this meant getting information on her teachers love life.

"Ellie, honey, it's a bruise from, um uh, falling and hitting my neck," Jasmine somewhat smoothly lied, though the child didn't believe her at all.

"I think you're lying," The ten year old plainly stated.

"Ellie, I'm not," Jasmine sighed.

"Miss Jasmine are you sure someone you loveeeee didn't give you it?" The little girl giggled.

"I'm sure honey. I'm not dating anyone," Jasmine lied, thanking god for her acting abilities.

The little girl gave her a suspicious look but nodded and shrugged, "Okay!"

"Okay...?" Jasmine slightly asked, confused on how the kid let her go so easily.

"Yup!" She smiled, going back to work on the musical piece.

Jasmine sighed and mentally placed a reminder to shoot Anthony an angry text for leaving a god damn hickey on her neck on a school night.

While the event terrified her, she was thanking god that it didn't play out even worse.