Baby Girl

prompt: "get off your fucking phone"

——————————————————————

Labor was one of the worst things Jasmine had ever went to. She was in pain and beyond uncomfortable, just wanting this baby out of her.

She breathed through another contraction, holding her husbands hand tightly. Once it ended, she glanced over at him, frowning when she saw him on his phone.

"Get off your fucking phone," Jasmine snapped, not even caring how harsh her words came out.

Anthony's eyes widened a little bit as he set his phone down. He had been used to Jasmine acting like this and honestly, he was fine with it because she was so amazing and strong and it was showing even more in that moment so none of her anger bothered him.

"Thank you," Jasmine breathed out as she let her head fall back against the shitty hospital pillows.

"She'll come soon," Anthony promised, pushing Jasmine's hair out of her face.

"She better come sooner or later," Jasmine groaned as she shut her eyes tight, another contraction washing over her.

A few hours later Jasmine was laying back against the bed, her husband next to her and her daughter laying on her chest.

"I'm sorry for being so mean today," Jasmine apologized as she let her daughter hold onto her finger.

"Baby its fine, I promise. You gave birth to our baby girl and that's amazing. I could never do that," Anthony admitted as he pressed a kiss to both his girls foreheads.

"Damn right you couldn't!" Jasmine joked, bursting into giggles, Anthony joining her in the laughter.

Jasmine felt horrible for how rude she was to Anthony while she was giving birth even though he tried to convince her otherwise the entire night.