Ten Years

i wrote this at 3am..sorry. give feedback.

———————————————————

Anthony loved everything about Jasmine.

He loves the way that she would always squeal when he came up behind her and hugged her.

He loved when she refused to leave the house without her entire outfit matching.

He loves the way that she always slept with her pillow a quarter of the way down the bed.

He loves the way she would fall asleep the second a blanket was pulled over her.

He loved everything about her.

That's why he always vowed to stay with her.

Checking the date on his phone, he realized his thoughts were confirmed.

It was their tenth anniversary of being married.

Anthony rushed to the store, grabbing the nicest flowers they had, some red roses and then rushing to the next store to buy her favorite wine.

After getting home and setting out two wine glasses he then made them Jasmine's favorite dinner, pasta and chicken.

Later into the day he drove to the cemetery, the flowers in hand as he walked over to the familiar grave.

He knelt down by her grave, the silent tears running down his cheeks.

"Hey love.." His voice trailed off as he set the flowers down on the grass covered ground.

"Ten years..damn.. I miss you so much..I love you so much. The girls miss you too. Mi is so grown up now...she's nine. Mason's six and Brooklyn's three.. They look so much like you baby. I-I miss you everyday my love. But I'll see you again, okay Jas? I love you forever.."

When he walked away he couldn't help but feel a slight feeling of peace.