Chapter 28- The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

Someone then tapped V own her shoulder, where one of her long glittery drapes rested. She turned around and found Terrance Higg's, a fairly handsome Slytherin chaser who V hadn't talked to much before unless it was talk about quidditch.

"Would you like to dance?" Terrance asked looking her up and down.

V went stiff at first not knowing what to say but then shrugged her shoulder unsure what she was so nervous about. "Sure." She said smiling pleasantly as an upbeat song came on.

As V and Terrance went to the center of the floor hand in hand. Her eye caught onto someone's fiery red hair and then into their soft yet hard dark eyes as they turned around. It was George, except he was holding hands with the other Gryffindor Chaser, Katie Bell. George was wearing a deep red dress robe, a lot nicer then what V would have expected from him and a lot more handsome then she'd like to admit.

A second after they made eye contact V wiped her head around which didn't have that much of a grand affect with her conch braid and faced Terrance smiling brightly in hopes that George would notice how happy she was without him. She danced around, with Terrance twirling her often as if to show her off to everyone. V didn't even have to pretend to be happy she truly did feel like a Goddess spinning around with her dress swishing about lightly behind her.

After the song V thanked Terrance for the dance then stepping of the floor and reaching into her pouch for her flask and taking a sip from that.

"Ah V, you look beautiful. That better be pumpkin juice in your flask." Professor Sprout said, appearing out of nowhere wearing a set of flowery dress robes.

"Oh thank you! So do you, Professor! And don't worry, just pumpkin juice." V replied with a twinkle in her eye which screamed that she was lying.

"Well I've got my eye on you, missy, and so does that young man there." Professor Sprout said pointing towards the Hufflepuff boy who had asked V to the ball. V looked over at him, returning a smile that he was sending over to her. V briefly looked back at where Professor Sprout was standing and found that she was gone so she looked back over to the boy who was now standing right in front of her.

"Good evening, I must say you've caught my eye multiple times tonight." He said smiling warmly.

"Oh?"

"Yes, I'm sure you've already been told of how beautiful you look." He said rather flirtatiously, grabbing her hand and planting a kiss.

"You're kindness is striking, what's your name?"

"Jack."

"Well Jack, we must dance." V replied with a wink and they walked out onto the floor and began to dance.

V hadn't seen it coming but Jack was a surprisingly talented dancer and definitely caught V by surprise when he hoisted her into the air. This song was the last song before the iconic wizarding band, The Weird Sisters came on stage, causing the school to go crazy. After the band came on the whole school crowded round the stage and V lost track of her dance partners, changing them countless times till finally she was partnered with someone she was familiar with, Stephen.

Together they found Hermione and Viktor in the crowd and danced in a four with them. After the Weird Sister's finished their set, Hermione and V had a quick catch up on the night. Hermione seemed flushed and extremely happy along with V. But V was quick to disappear again knowing that Hermione would always be around but the way that V looked in her dress, that alike Cinderella would last till midnight.

V went out onto the floor, with Stephen quickly trailing close behind with his hand on her shoulder, scared to lose her. Just then some mellow music came on and they began to sway softly in sync. The song was peaceful and V's head eventually fell onto Stephen's shoulder and the gap between their two dancing bodies closed. As the ball was about to come to an end, the music only carried on playing softly while a few students began to leave.

V was woeful about the ball ending so soon but still extremely happy. However there was one thing playing on her mind which she hated herself for even thinking about but that was dancing with George who was deep down the only person in their year who she had ever fancied yet wasn't one of her many partners of the night. But just then as she leaned into Stephen's chest thinking of someone else, just the person bumped right into her causing her to roll her ankle with her dangerously strappy heels.

"Ow!" V cried out but getting back up all right never the less.

"Oh my goodness, George! We are so sorry." Katie Bell said in a rush while Stephen and George glared at each other.

"'We' is the wrong word." George muttered in reply causing V to purse her lips and Katie to give him light whack on the shoulder.

"Yes, I believe 'he' would be the right word." V said savagely.

"You're so full of yourself you know that?"

"Oh yea? You're so rude you know that?"

"You're so vindictive you know that?"

But before V could yell a reply at him, Stephen quickly pulled V away and Katie did the same to George.

"He is just an ignorant boy-" Stephen said but he then realised he was talking to nothing as V had already ran off.

V was so disturbed by the small argument she had with George that she ran off into the foyer and down a hallway just to get away and let off some steam. It was nearing the end of the night anyway but she wished that she didn't have to leave like that and on such a bad note. She took a few shaky breathes before nearly emptying her flask of fire whiskey. She was trying very hard not to cry because she knew how pathetic she would look and she was aware that her eye makeup would run if she did so.

She was about to go outside for fresh air when she heard Hermione yell something. V peaked into the foyer and noticed her arguing noticeably with Ron, something about him being rude and Hermione being a traitor.

V quickly rushed over putting a comforting arm around Hermione who was crying hysterically.

"See, she's fraternizing with the enemy again!" Ron said to Harry who was standing on the staircase.

"Enemy am I? Then how come I'm the one comforting your friend when she's crying? I know I'm not perfect but I try, Ok?" V replied.

"When have you ever tried with me or anyone?" Harry asked coldly

Everyone went silent and V noticed Harry looking over her shoulder at something behind her. She turned around and found the Weasley twins standing behind her, George whose eyes were tracing the stars on V's back was left looking at the hem of her dress.

And just like that, V stormed outside into the cold night.