Chapter 28- The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

Hermione then let out a sigh as she glanced at her backside in the mirror.

"What? You look gorgeous don't even doubt it." V said confidently.

"It's just, what about Ron?" Hermione asked.

"Ron? You can't still want to go to the ball with him after Viktor Krum asked you."

"I mean... I'm just worried about him, that's all." Hermione replied wiping some dirt of off the hem of her dress.

"In what sense?" V asked.

"He might be a bit angry..." Hermione replied.

"Well he bloody well should be! Anyway, I kind of know what you mean." V said with a downcast look. Hermione gave her a look, egging her on to elaborate on what she meant. "Well you know I've kind of had my own Weasley issues."

"Oh, are you talking about Geor-" But V cut her off.

"I forbid you from saying his name!" V said rather sharply.

"Right."

V then reached her hand deep into her pouch, looking for a something she knew she needed to get through the night. Hermione watched curiously as V held out a flask triumphantly and unscrew the cap.

"Is that?"

"Yup, fire whiskey." V said taking a reasonably long swig out of it.

"Oh give it here!" Hermione said demandingly and they set off to the ball.

They took multiple short cuts to the Great Hall trying their best to avoid other students and when they reached the foyer, they departed ways.

"Well there's Viktor." V said indicating over towards him.

"Ah yes," Hermione said poking her head round the corner, both the girls' too nervous to show themselves until V pushed Hermione out into the open.

"V!" Hermione whispered viciously.

V just smiled back at her maliciously. "Everyone is looking at you! Anyway, got to pee, see you." V said before quickly running off to the nearest bathroom.

V hadn't felt this nervous about something, since she almost lost her father to a dementor. She hadn't realised how long she had been pacing the bathroom till she heard the sound of distant music coming from the Great Hall. She took a deep breath, another drink from her flask and decided that it was time to go down.

V took slow steps through the deserted hall till she was at the entrance and peaking her head round the grand doors like she was doing with Hermione. However this time, someone pulled her into the open.

"V! Where have you been? You look gorgeous!" Flora said excitedly. Flora was wearing a beautiful silk green gown which had a diamond studded belt. Her hair was twisted was in a half ponytail and had a diamond studded head piece which went with her belt.

"Oh you know, I needed to go to the lavatory, by the way you look beautiful. Where's Hestia?" V asked.

Flora pulled V out so that she was completely in the open and pointed at the dance floor where they could see Hestia dancing extravagantly with Lucian who was wearing the same dress as her twin except with a diamond necklace instead of a headpiece.

As they watched, Adrian walked up to them, placing his hand on Flora's shoulder"Flora there you are and... V? Goodness you look, Merlin, wow. Anyway, let's go dancing." He said to Flora and they quickly waved goodbye before disappearing onto the dance floor.

V looked around at the hall, which was decorated with a White Christmas theme. It was beautiful but what V hadn't noticed was that her dress went perfectly with the theme and that she was like the crowning jewel to it all. V felt many eyes on her as she awkwardly made her way to the center hoping to see someone she knew, which wasn't that hard of a task as she saw Fred dancing quite boisterously with one of the Gryffindor Chasers, Angelina Johnson. They briefly caught eyes and Fred gave her a wave which she politely returned.