Pinestar

Hiya, your least favorite admin checking in to write yet ANOTHER update. ;)

Today's topic: Pinestar!

Or, more specifically, him leaving.

*clears throat* Ok, here we go...

So, Pinestar is the father of Tigerstar, right? Right. And he stepped down from his leadership position to become a kittypet and stuff.

This actually leads into a theory of mine: I think Pinestar spoke to Firestar (then Rusty) at some point, which caused him to become interested in the forest. Or maybe he spoke to Jake, or Smudge--anyway, I think he prompted 'lil Rusty to go sneak around the territory.

So, let's say that Pinestar DOESN'T step down, and dies bravely as a leader.

So, the leadership thing probably wouldn't have changed much-- I'm sure Sunstar still would've been the next leader. However, he would've had an extra life. Now, honestly, I don't think that would've changed much, but it's worth mentioning. 

And as I stated earlier, it seems likely to me that Rusty wouldn't even visit the forest without Pinestar sparking his interest. Now, it's entirely possible he still would've, with Jake in his blood, so that leads us to the next part.

We all know that the reason Tigerstar hates kittypets is because his father left him, right? And honestly, this is probably where all the prejudice came from!

Besides, that rule in the warrior code, "a warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet", wouldn't have been there either!

So, this erases a LOT of the prejudice against Firepaw. Sandpaw, for instance, I personally believe hated Firepaw cause her mother/father resented Pinestar for ditching them, and transferred that hate to Sandpaw.

It's possible Tigerstar wouldn't have really wanted Firepaw dead!

Aaaand we can also say that his father leaving is part of what made Tigerstar turn bitter, so....

Maybe he wouldn't have been so anger-driven and desperate to prove he could be a better leader than his father?

He might've just stayed Tigerclaw, and a million cats wouldn't have died. (I'm too lazy to list them all, Tigerstar created 99% of the problems in the series)

Now, believe it or not, I'm STILL not done! Now imma move on to Cloudtail! (My grandson ;))

Soooo, as I mentioned earlier, the "a warrior must reject the soft life of a kittypet" rule in the warrior code wouldn't be there. So, a lot of prejudice against Cloudkit would ALSO vanish, though he'd still probably get teased a bit for his white pelt. 

(Although that didn't happen to Snowpelt, so maybe that was just an excuse to make fun of him? Moving on...)

And it's possible he wouldn't have gotten in trouble for eating kittypet food.

Though he'd probably still get abducted...

Ok, this What If could probably go on for ages, but I'll end it here!

Ember OUT