Bright Stream

What if Bright Stream hadn't died?

Well, this is bound to get a little complicated.

Firstly and most obviously, she and Clear Sky would continue to be together. She'd go with him to build his little cult in the forest and have his kits.

Now. Y'all know Storm, right? The pretty silver she-cat with green eyes? Well, she wouldn't be mates with Clear Sky, because cats aren't polygynous. (I'm actually not completely certain. Donut correct me in the comments. I don't like being corrected) Storm would perhaps become Grey Wing's mate instead, because he was so obsessed with her and no one else would like Storm for the convenience of this theory.

Turtle Tail would still be bummed at him, albeit for a much longer time with a higher mark on the bummed-out scale, because Storm would have Grey Wing's kits.

It's possible that they'd produce a Thunder, who would become Thunderstar, because Clear Sky would still be a single pringle bawling over Bright Stream's—whoops, I just remembered the question of the chapter.

Here is when the theory branches off. We have two pairs of cats. Bright Stream and Clear Sky (pair 1) and Storm and Grey Wing (pair 2). Pair 1 could get Thunder, or pair 2 could. Or, Thunder could be a completely different cat, which also means that, because the complicated system of genes (I don't know how they work, but then the Erin Hunters didn't seem to either 😎), this cat would probably turn out to not be the founder and first leader of ThunderClan. Thus, ThunderClan may not have existed. Another Clan would have taken its place... or not at all.

Who knew the death of an unimportant background character could affect this much in the series? Me :D

Also, Storm's other kits wouldn't have died. There would be more kits in general. Grey Wing probably wouldn't foster Turtle Butt's kits because he'd have his own, and assuming Storm's not gonna die because Grey Wing ain't some crazy old pile of mousedung that initiates the border system, he wouldn't fall in love with Slate and have her kits (so maybe there wouldn't be that many more kits). Silver Stripe, Black Ear and White Tail would not exist. It's not like they were super important or anything. 

So, next time you're like, "Man, I liked Bright Stream. The series would be much better if she hadn't died," to a friend, remember this chapter you read and be aware of what you're really saying.

Written by Saph! 🍩✨