Cinderpelt

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM TO WRITE THIS

What If?: Cinderpelt was not injured as an apprentice

Well for a start, we have to consider why she didn't get injured. If Tigerstar didn't attempt to assassinate Bluestar and thus not injuring Cinderpaw, perhaps Fireheart's suspicions towards him wouldn't have been as strong, not until much later. This may have impacted how ThunderClan dealt with his betrayal and may have impacted what Tigerstar was willing to do. If she simply dodged the impact, it may have hit Fireheart or Bluestar, killing off two very important parts of the first arc. Tigerstar may have been found out quicker, too.

Cinderpelt influenced a lot of ThunderClan as a medicine cat. For a start, she wouldn't be Yellowfang's apprentice and therefore her character wouldn't have developed. Another cat may have taken her place and this would alter the way every medicine cat learnt the art. Cinderpelt's first casualty was Silverstream, perhaps if another cat was in her place, she may have lived. This would mean Greystripe would still be mates with her and wouldn't have necessarily mated with Millie, meaning Bumblestripe, Briarlight and Blossomfall wouldn't exist. Stormfur and Feathertail may have chosen to live in ThunderClan, altering the cats who travelled in the second arc.

Cinderpelt was on track for becoming an amazing warrior. If she hadn't been injured, perhaps she would've proved a life-changing fighter and hunter for the Clan. She may have mated and had kits, and these kits would've altered the course of the books too. She might have even mated with Fireheart (yes weird ik but I'm speculating) and thus Leafpool and Squirrelflight would never exist, meaning Lionblaze, Jayfeather and Hollyleaf wouldn't exist, plus Alderpaw and Sparkpaw.

Cinderheart is a reincarnation of Cinderpelt, and perhaps if she had lived a non-inhibited life, StarClan wouldn't have granted her that second chance. This means Cinderheart would have been a completely different cat. Lastly, if Cinderpelt hadn't been injured, the Clan would've lost a fantastic medicine cat who saved several lives and served her Clan well.

Who else loves Cinderpelt?

Hazel