Half-Clan

What If?: Tigerstar's hatred for half-Clan;s/non-purebred cats continued, and no cats who weren't pure blood of their Clan were permitted to live.

ThunderClan is notorious for letting kittypets and loners galore into their Clan, but they're not the only one's who tainted the pure-blood of their Clan. RiverClan and ShadowClan were also partial to some sneaky blood changes, and this led to the deaths of many under Tigerstar's dictatorship and Leopardstar's vulnerability. I won't focus on every single half-Clan/no-Clan blooded cat, only the cats significant enough to mention.

This one goes without saying; Firestar. The main character of the entire series is of no ThunderClan blood, and he started a chain of cats breeding outside of their Clan's blood. We know Jake was friends with Tallstar, however this does not change that Firestar isn't ThunderClan, not by blood. If Firestar wasn't permitted in the Clans, the prophecy wouldn't have happened, a lot of cats wouldn't be born, we've heard about him a lot.

Brambleclaw and Tawnypelt. This one spikes up some interest because technically these cats are pure-bred, but Tawnypelt isn't of any ShadowClan blood. You could say that they aren't pure-blood because Tigerstar was never truly a ThunderClan cat and his calling was always with ShadowClan, but that's besides the point. Would you consider these two half-Clan?

The infamous Hawkfrost and Mothwing, these two are products of Tigerstar that ended up half-Clan. With Sasha as their mother and a ThunderClan/ShadowClan murderer for a father, it's no wonder Hawkfrost ended up as villainous as he was. However, he was involved in the climax revolving around Brambleclaw when he was murdered by his brother, and this completed the prophecy of 'blood spilling blood' and 'the lake running red'. Without Hawkfrost, this wouldn't be the same. Also, Mothwing never believed in StarClan and was a huge part of Leafpool's younger life as she tried to help her go undetected, but this didn't last. It was a big turning point in Mistystar's leadership when she had to demote Mothwing, and without Mothwing, maybe she would've been a slightly different cat.

Or maybe the scenario wouldn't have happened at all. Mistystar, Stonefur and Mosskit were all half-Clan, born from the most famous/infamous half-Clan couple in Clan history. Mosskit never survived the journey to RiverClan anyway, but without the birth of any of them, Bluestar may not have had an issue stepping up to leadership and the threat of Thistleclaw wouldn't have been present. This would alter their relationship and made it less hostile and Snowfur wouldn't have been so annoyed at her for treating him in such a manner, which could've softened the blow of her death.

We all remember the valiant scene where Stonefur gave up his life to save Greystripe's kits, Feathertail and Stormfur, but they were half-Clan kits too, similarly to Mistyfoot and Stonefur, were born ThunderClan and RiverClan. If these kits were never born, Silverstream would still be alive. She might not have ever met Greystripe either, meaning he may have mated with a ThunderClan cat far sooner, and her relationship with Millie wouldn't have ever existed because he'd be tied down. But what if he never found a mate without meeting Silverstream, and he did meet Millie and fall in love?

Millie isn't ThunderClan, meaning they couldn't have mated and Briarlight, Bumblestripe and Blossomfall would never exist! This isn't too major because they don't play huge parts in the books, but Bumblestripe was desperately in love with Dovewing, but she wouldn't exist either! Cloudtail was Firestar's kin and therefore wasn't ThunderClan, so he never would've arrived at the Clan. This might have altered whether or not Brightheart awoke from her coma or wanted to continue living after her accident without him to support her, and she never would've had Whitewing which means Dovewing and Ivypool wouldn't be around. This means that there wouldn't have been any issue with she and Tigerheart, and it would prevent a half-Clan relationship from starting.

Finally, the one we all know, Leafpool and Crowfeather's relationship. Lionblaze and Jayfeather were crucial parts in the third and fourth arc, and without them things would've played out different. Plus, without Hollyleaf around, Ashfur may never have been murdered. But he also wouldn't have had that crush on Squirrelflight, because as Firestar's daughter, she is also half-Clan, as is Leafpool, the mother of half-Clan. Look at all these family trees, being slaughtered!

Leave in the comments any more half-Clan relationships you can think of. Thank you very much for reading!

~Hazel~