Chapter 17: Magic Carpet Adventure

"Do you have any idea how worried we were about you?!" The sultan shouted at his son. Prince Jasem had his head bowed in shame. "I sent almost all my guards to search for you! I made them take time out of their lives, away from their families to look for you. I did not raise you like this!"

The other princes have already left to their quarters. I'm sure if they stayed they would feel as awkward as I do. I stood to the side, watching Prince Jasem get scolded for running away. I couldn't defend him. It wasn't my place to do so. I could recall running off on my own several times before back home. I would be a hypocrite.

The sultan finally sat in his throne and took a deep breath. "What am I going to do with you?" he asked himself. Prince Jasem kept quiet, not wanting to upset his father even more. I took this moment to step in.

I cleared my throat. "Excuse me, regarding the proposal?" I began. The sultan's face brightened up at the reminder.

"Ah, yes. I suppose that my son is a very lucky boy to be given this opportunity. Hopefully he will be wise and try not to run again." he added. Prince Jasem looked confused. The sultan turned back to his son. "Knight Orion here will escort you to another kingdom to meet a princess who hopefully will choose you to marry."

"Another kingdom? That means I'd leave Agrabah."

"Don't push it. If I here that you tried to run off again then I won't hesitate to lock you up in the palace for good. Consider this your last chance to prove to me that you have some self-control. You'll pack tonight and then leave tomorrow morning. Ask Orion if you have any questions. Good night." He concluded and retired to his quarters.

Prince Jasem glanced towards me, like he was expecting something of me. I quirked my brow and waited for his question.

"You leave for one day and everything changes. So I'm going to travel some of the world to meet a princess whom I may or may not marry?"

I crossed my arms. "Correct. There is no promise that Princess Ava will choose you. If that happens then I will escort you back to your kingdom along with the other rejected princes. Consider your wish granted. You wanted to see the world and leave the palace life. Here's your chance." I assured him.

He nodded silently and left to his room to pack. I made a mental note that we would most likely have to get him different clothes to better suit the most 'earthy' environment. I headed back to my own room and lied back on the bed. The jewels pushed into the back of my head. I almost forgot I was wearing the headdress Aries got for me. I took it off and combed my hair with my fingers.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my window. I was startled because someone would've had to climb the balcony in order to reach my window. I opened it to see Prince Jasem in a regal outfit. "I thought you were going to bed or pack or something. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you. Is that not a good reason?" he defended.

"Not particularly since you barely know me and you are supposed to be busy packing." I retorted. "But I suppose you can stay for little bit. You probably have some questions, am I right?"

He sighed. "I just don't know about this whole marriage thing. I don't know what the princess is like and I'm so tired of going to marriage interviews. I know that it's inevitable but I rather take things at my own pace."

I listened to his words carefully. I could relate to them in a way. We stood in silence for a little while. He suddenly held out his hand. "Do you wanna go somewhere?"

"Somewhere? Where's somewhere?" I asked.

"I found something really neat while I was gone."

I carpet flew up from under the balcony right on cue. It flew around me, almost like it was examining me. I was surprised. "I never seen a magic carpet before."