Chapter 7: Mine Adventure

How come that every time another person is added to the group, everything just becomes awkward? And how come I'm always the one who has to break the ice?

We rode silently through the woods opposite from where we rode in from. I marked things off the map, usually warnings for dangerous areas. "Anything else around that is forbidden or is just a bad idea in general?" I asked, not really directly towards anyone.

"This part of the woods one of the only safe areas. The only thing to worry about here are rabbits and deer." Snowen coolly replied. 

"And you." I murmured under my breath, recalling last nights memory. I was still pretty pissed about the stunt he tried to pull. Barely know the guy but he already tried to poison and use his sorcery on me. Not. Okay. I was intentionally giving him the cold shoulder and swiftly marked our surroundings on the paper. I doubt that he was lying, but this man has a poker face that even I'm jealous of.

Apparently the area surrounding the White Kingdom is incredibly dangerous compared to the inside. Enchanted forests, assassins, wild bears and wolves, and witches have been plaguing the area. Routes constantly changed to accommodate the dwarves and travelers. The need for more capable sorcerers have grown to protect people, and the development for different potions and spells have also been a priority. I'm learning so much from this trip!

I made small talk with Cinder and Blaise, asking them about their opinions on the trip or asking them where they would like to visit if we had enough time after all this is over. Snowen didn't look annoyed about the exclusion, but I seriously can't read him. But then he spoke up.

"Knight Orion, why do you exclude me?" his tone was bitter. I did not appreciate it one bit.

I turned my head slightly towards him. "Excuse me, but the recent current events between us still has me agitated." I explained in a professional manner. "Perhaps an apology could settle things between us?"

He quirked an eyebrow expectantly. He didn't say a word to me. 

"What?" I finally snapped.

"I'm waiting for my apology."

I am about to ring his damned neck! Hell is clearly empty because this piece of sin is running around! I am so close to leaving him dead in the "safe" woods!

After my miniature head rant, I took a deep breath. "My apology? And what should I be apologizing for? You were the one who advanced towards me, Prince Snowen." 

"I was simply doing whatever a man of my power would do when he sees a woman of such... delirium. It was a natural reaction, but you pushed away and left a mess not to mention. It left my magical energy in a such a disarray that I had to organize myself. I wasn't aware that you were a heedless woman."

I stopped my horse and hopped off to confront him. "Are you serious right now?! A heedless woman?! And I didn't realize that rape and molestation was a natural reaction! If you weren't a prince, I would strike you down where you stood right now. This world doesn't need such an impulsive bastard like you!"

He got off his horse as well to tower over me. "You are being disgraceful towards me right now. I'm sure you are aware of the consequences that would come if I reported this verbal abuse, yet you do it anyway. It's degrading. And wanting to be with a woman is something natural. Just ask Prince Cinder and Prince Blaise. I'm sure they wish to embrace you ever since they met you."

At this point the other two men stepped down. They both seemed wide-eyed at the accusation. Cinder scratched the back of his head and Blaise shuffled. I cleared my throat and carried on. "I'm sure that's not true. They both know that by coming on this trip meant potential marriage to Princess Ava. I am simply the messenger and escort in this mission!"