Chapter 35: Escape Adventure

My head felt heavy like a ton of bricks were settled on my brain. The bright light of the sunset hurt my eyes and I felt something sticky on the side of my head. I groaned as I lifted myself off of the floor. I was still sitting but at least I could get a better view of the room.

The ginger-haired girl was still on the floor, breathing slowly and deeply. I sighed. At least she was okay.

I gave myself a second to let the pain pass before moving towards her. I lifted her green top a little to expose some small cuts on her stomach. I looked around the room for anything I could use to patch her up.

Nothing.

The room as completely empty except for us. I grabbed my knife that Captain carelessly left behind. He must've thought I wasn't going to survive the blow to my head. Little did he know that I had a pretty thick skull.

I began to cut the ragged ropes that bound the young girl. She almost looked like she was Aries's age. Maybe younger. My blood boiled as my brain came up with possible reasons why the captain would want to hurt her and myself.

After the ropes were finally cut off I began to cut at my own shirt for scrap cloth to use. I cut my purple sleeves off first and made strips out of them. I tied them around her stomach as gently as I could but also put pressure on the wound to stop potential bleeding. I then cut the bottom of my top to use on her arms and legs. I ended up using the rest of the strips I made on my head wound.

I did the best I could given the circumstances. Once I get out of here I could get Snowen to take a look and get her better treatment.

The boys must be worried about me.

The girl started to become conscious again. She coughed. "W-what is this?"

"I cut your ropes and patched you up as best I could." I explained. "I survived the hit. Pretty lucky for the both of us, huh? What's your name?"

"Patty Pan. The guy who runs this ship is Captain James Hook. He's been hunting me down for years. I guess he's targeted you too." She answered. She sat up and propped herself against the wall.

"Why has he been targeting you?"

She smirked playfully. "I'm the leader of the Lost Girls. We've been stealing his treasure and harassing his crew but to us it's just fun and games. He's the only that takes things seriously and too far."

I've never heard of the Lost Girls. "Are you part of a pirate crew or something?"

"Nope. We're just a bunch of kids that'll stay young forever. We're orphans. We all hang out in Neverland but Captain Hook caught me and I guess he sailed back down. I live on the second star to the right." She claimed. Patty seemed proud of herself.

I frowned. I couldn't believe a word she said. She must've noticed my doubt because she crossed her arms at me. "I'm telling the truth. But I guess because you're an adult you can't believe me. I'll prove it to you after we get out of here."

Now that I could agree with. "Yeah. First step is trying to get out of here. You rest up since you're in pretty bad shape compare to me. I'm going to see if I can find a way out on our side."

I pushed myself back up and I put my hand over me head wound. It was pounding but I'll live. I approached the only door in the secret room and turned the handle. It was unlocked but the bookshelf was still in the way.

I pressed my ear against the door to see if anyone was still in captain's cabin. I couldn't hear anything so far. I listened closer, just to be sure.

"Hear anything?" Patty questioned.

"It's weird. I hear a little bell or something. It's faint but I hear it." I confessed.