Chapter 23: Fighting Adventure

I dropped into the snow to dodge an arrow that soared over my head. I prepared to pull out my sword and charge into battle. Other men followed. I couldn't hear anything except for the sound of clashing swords and whizzing arrows. I had to multitask between fighting and keeping an eye on the princes.

Aries should be hiding in the rocket cart while Tianos and Jasem should be in the back.

Where the hell were our arrow men?

I struggle to keep up with the fighting style. Old habits would take over and almost get me killed. I was elbowed to the ground and a sword almost pierced my neck. I swung my blade at his legs and he collapsed in the snow.

Screw it.

I decided to use my same old style that I was so used to. I just had to defend against their martial arts.

The white snow was slowly turning red as more blood was spilled. I could see out of the corner my eye Aries, Tianos and Jasem talking. I was about to head over there to see what they were scheming but my attention turned to an arrow flying out from our side.

Our arrowmen were finally here. Better late than never I suppose.

Another enemy approached me and swung his blade. I did a barrel roll out of the way and lunged. I was getting surrounded really quickly. I needed to get out of this tight spot and head to the fireworks cart.

"Hya!" A battle cry sounded and I swiftly spun around to avoid getting cut. I could feel a slight impact on my arm. Just a scratch. I swung across his chest and then swung down right on his shoulder. I pulled out my sword just quick enough to swing into the man behind me.

When I had enough room I began to sprint towards the cart.

I relied on the arrow men's training to help me get by the rest of the enemies. I somehow managed to weave around them without another scratch and Aries, Tianos, and Jasem looked at me. "What are you doing? We need help!"

"See that mountain up there? If we aim the firework at the top we could probably cause an avalanche. We would all have to get out of the way really quick but the Huns won't stand a chance." Aries explained.

I looked at the mountain he was pointing towards. Our merman was a little pyromaniac. Who knew?

I smirked. "Let's do it then. Tianos, Jasem and I will take it out. You stay here. Jasem, me and Tainos will cover you while you set the rocket since you had more training on that. Ready?"

Jasem picked up the rocket and nodded.

"Go!" I started.

I ran behind Tianos and Jasem to get a good spot to hit the mountain. Jasem set it in the snow and pulled out some matches.

In the distance, the Huns Leader charged towards us on horseback. I got my sword ready to defend us but I didn't sense another enemy behind me. I was thrown to the side and pinned to the ground.

Tianos was experiencing the same problems but he was slowly gaining control again. I pulled out a small dagger I kept in my boot and shoved it into the man's chest. I tried to push his weight off of me as fast as I could but the leader was already in front of Jasem.

"Jas-"

My ears began to ring as the rocket shot into the sky and directly into the mountain. The battle stopped briefly to stare at the mountain. Snow began to quickly fall down and roll towards the enemies. The leader roared in fury and tried to swipe at Jasem with his crooked sword.

Jasem fell back and I parried the crooked sword away. It lied in the snow and before I could give him a chance to retrieve it on horseback I hit the horse's legs. I took Jasem and Tianos by the hands and began to run towards our comrades that were taking cover under a large rock.