Chapter 42: Mun-Wah Ending

I was glad that I didn't have to go through the ballroom again. The crowd grew louder as they socialized among themselves instead of paying close attention to Ava's dancing. I wandered down the halls towards the bedrooms to find the man that I was looking for. Once I got to the right door I knocked.

Mun-Wah opened the door. He had on a traditional oriental uniform and his black hair was down. It was usually in a bun so seeing just how long it was was surprising to see. It reached down to the tops of his broad shoulders.

He looked just as surprised to see me. "Ah, Orion. I was just getting ready for the party. I haven't put my hair up yet."

"Don't worry about it. I like your hair when it's down. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about something important. Do you mind if I come in?"

He held the door open for me to enter. He rushed to pick up the stray clothes on the bed and floor. "Sorry about the mess. I was in a rush to get ready once I decided that I was going to go. I didn't want to miss too much of the party."

I sat down in a chair at the foot of the bed. "What made you change your mind?"

He paused for a second and a slight blush crept across his cheeks. He cleared his throat before answering. "Um. . . you."

"Oh." I simply replied. I could feel my own face heating up. There was an awkward silence between us as Mun-Wah continued to straighten up the room and find a ribbon to put his hair up. As soon as he found one he sat in front of the vanity mirror. "Do you need any help with your hair?"

"Uh, yes. If you don't mind helping me tie it up that would be great." He responded. I stood behind him and held out my hand. Mun-Wah gave me the delicate green ribbon and I gathered up his thick hair.

"Orion?"

"Hm?" I hummed.

I could feel his reflection looking at my own reflection as he got ready to ask his question. "What made you leave the party?"

I finished tying his bun up before looking at him. "You."

Mun-Wah's cheeks grew redder. "Rion, what did you need to talk to me about? And why do I feel like it's about something really important?" He swiveled around to face me. I decided to take a seat back down on the chair.

"Well, I was speaking with the king just a few moments ago and we talked about what he wanted for the future of the kingdom. He told me that Princess Ava will no longer be in line for the throne. She won't be choosing anyone to marry tonight." I revealed.

"Then why is the ball still going on? What was the point of all of this?"

I rubbed the back of my neck out of nervousness. "I guess the ball was secretly for me. I'm the true princess of this kingdom and I'm next in line for the throne. I'm kinda expected to choose a particular prince to marry but I also have the option to not become queen.

Mun-Wah let the news sink in before speaking up again. "Why are you telling me all of this? I mean, I'm not exactly a prince or anything. Is this meeting just to say goodbye or something?"

"No! No, Mun-Wah. The reason I'm telling you all of this is because I want to marry you." I confessed. "I don't care if we stay here or go back to your home. All I know is is that I want to be by your side through everything. That is, if you would let me?"

He seemed dazed. He held his head in his hands. A large grinned made its way along his lips. "Out of all of the men you have met, and probably out of all the people you have met in the world, you choose me?"

"I mean, yeah! You can be pretty intense but I know that you're really sweet and considerate and not to mention awkwardly cute. You have a good sense of justice. I really admire that. Besides, you're the one who kissed me first." I pointed out.