Chapter 34: Captain Adventure

As soon as we entered the town we hopped off our horses to approach the pier. I managed to get a closer look at the flag and just like I thought, it was my kingdom's colors and symbol. Men were loading boxes onto the ship and citizens were boarding. I saw a young gentleman holding a piece of paper and taking notes on who was boarding and what was boarding.

I approached the man and cleared my throat. He looked up at me, a little confused as to what I could want with him. "May I help you, ma'am?"

"Hello, I'm Orion Hart and I would like to board this ship along with the rest of my crew." I explained.

The man chuckled. "Sorry, but we got a lot of Orion Harts around here. You and your friends can't board unless you got some proof, which I highly doubt that you have."

I smirked and pulled my knight's medal and kingdom emblem. The man's face flushed and he bowed. "I-I'm so sorry, Knight Orion! I never thought that I would ever get a chance to meet you in person. The odds of you coming to such a small port like this was incredibly low but now I-"

I put my hand on his shoulder to stop his apology. "It's fine. I understand. You were just doing your job which I am glad that you are so dedicated to. If you just let any Rion onto this ship then that would be a big problem. Anyways, can me and my friends get on this ship back home?"

"Why yes! Of course! I just have to make sure that I notify the captain. If you don't mind me asking, who are your friends? Are you escorting these men or are you just on an another fun adventure?"

"These are princes from other kingdoms. I am their escort but I also consider them to be my friends." I introduced.

The man bowed once again towards the princes. "Your majesties, I apologize for my behavior and speech. If you will all stay here for a minute I can have your horses taken on board and have someone escort you to the cabins."

He went onboard the ship to get someone to escort us. I put my medal and emblem away and turned toward the princes. "See? Problem solved. It's nothing but smooth sailing from here. Figuratively and literally."

Blaise sighed. "Well, I'm happy and surprised on how convenient this whole situation turned out to be."

The same man brought along two other workers. One of them took our horses and the other bowed at me. He took my hand and brought it to his lips. "Knight Orion. It is an honor to have you on board my ship."
"I take it you're the captain?" I pulled my hand away, slightly uncomfortable with his gesture. He tipped his large hat.

"That is me. If you would all just follow me to your cabins now, we could set sail soon." The captain instructed. We followed behind him, taking in the higher view of the small port.

It hit me just then. I was finally going back home. It took a while but I finally did it. My quest was almost over and then I could rest. I could celebrate my birthday back home as well. How convenient!

Our cabins were presented to us and we all agreed that our worries would be over for now. "I don't know about you guys but I'm going to take the biggest nap." I admitted, stretched my back and arms above my head.

"I could go for a nice nap too." Aries yawned.

"Of course you could." Snowen commented. Aries frowned at him and headed inside his cabin. He shut his door and that was that.

"Snowen, you should take a nap too. Maybe you can sleep away all that grumpiness." I partially jested. I really did think that he shouldn't tease Aries so seriously. If he was joking, it sure didn't sound like it.

Snowen scowled at me and retreated to his room. I said farewell to the rest of the guys for now and went to my room. I snuggled up in my bed and closed my eyes. Just before I started to drift away, there was a knock on my door. I groaned and got up to answer it.