Chapter 32: Packing Adventure

(PSA AT END OF STORY!)

The princes were by my side during the entire time I was sick. No one hesitated to get me fresh water or get the doctor if I even looked like I needed it. I told them that I was strong and getting better so I could do it by myself but they wouldn't hear it.

As the rain started to finally let up I was on my feet again. We were behind schedule but at least things appeared to look up.

I was told that the doctor wants me to stick around for one more day to make sure that I was really feeling better and wouldn't collapse on the road. I didn't bother to argue since I knew I would be outnumbered. One our last day I decided to explore the area a little more by myself. Having the princes constantly by my side was nice and all but I needed some space.

All the Powhatans were cleaning up the mess from the storm. I snuck off into a lush part of the woods and followed the river. All the greenery was covered in water droplets and shone from the emerging sunlight. I breathed in deeply, loving the scent of fresh air after a storm.

If this place had a beautiful waterfall that I discovered a few days back then it should have more stuff to find. I should probably find Pohan and let him know that we would be departing soon.

And so I ventured out into the wilderness even further than before. The ground was a bit soggy and the trees were still dripping extra rain droplets. I was just glad it wasn't raining for a change.

I walked farther along the side of the river until I came across a very open section with a large tree in the middle. I saw Pohan sitting on a tree stump right in front of the large tree. He seemed to be talking to it.

The tree moved and swayed like it was talking back. I stepped forward to get a closer look. They must of heard me because Pohan swiveled his head towards me and the tree seemed to tilt my way. Sure enough, I was right. The tree was like a person.

"Come closer, child." The tree called out to me. I walked towards the two and climbed up onto the stump. Pohan greeted me with a warm smile which I returned. The tree resembled an old woman within its bark.

I sat down and stared up at her. "Well well well! Our visitor is quite lovely. She seems fair and kind too. Remind me why your father doesn't like your guests, Pohan. It seems to me that you guys could use more people like her."

"Wait, your father doesn't like us?" I question Pohan.

He didn't seem phased by my question. "He doesn't like guests in general. He is afraid that you and your people may take our land away. Our land is already so little."

"Pohan, I promise that once we leave we will never speak of or visit this place again. The last thing we want to do is hurt your people or take away your land. You have helped us so much from keeping us away from the storm to feeding us to making sure that I recovered. We won't betray the kindness you showed us." I assured him.

Pohan lowered his head. "I would like to see you again someday. I have learned many things from you being here. Could you visit me again someday?"

I chuckled. "Talk to that dad of yours and we may have a deal. Anyways, who is this?" I inquired and gestured to the tree. Pohan's face lit up once again.

"This is Grandmother Willow. She is very wise and gives me advice when I need it." He explained. The weeping willow extended a vine towards me.

"How do you do? Pohan has told me about you. He is very fond of you." Grandmother Willow greeted. I took her vine in my hand and shook it. "You are Knight Orion. But that's not all you are, huh? You get around a lot I see." She giggled.