Chapter 36: Hook Adventure

Patty and I quietly exited the room and scanned the halls. The coast seemed clear so we began to stealthily sneak out of the corridor and onto the main deck. I could hear some loud cheers and banging sounds. I peeked around my corner, holding my arm out to stop Patty from going any further.

The entire crew seemed to be dancing and drinking. They laughed and shouted as they swung their mugs around and played with their knives. Captain Hook stood over them all and grinned at his crew.

"Attention! Attention everyone!" He exclaimed, straightening his posture. His crew began to settle down and gave him their undivided attention. The captain pulled the sleeves of his jacket up slightly to reveal a golden hook for a hand. I didn't even notice that he was hiding it under his red, velvet jacket.

"We have been successful at capturing that dreaded Patty Pan and her sparrowman! We now have that fairy's unlimited magic and Patty will tell us where our treasure is! I will make sure of it." He began his speech, descending the stairs.

"Luck is on our side as we were able to disguise ourselves as a kingdom ship here on land successfully! Not only that, but we have ourselves some valuable cargo that can be sold for massive amounts of gold." He continued.

The crew began to chuckle mischievously. They all seemed to be looking at something. I needed to get a better angle. "Patty, you stay here. I'm going t-"

I turned around and Patty was gone. I looked all around me but she was nowhere in sight. Shit, I didn't have enough time to track her down. Wherever she was, I hoped that she was okay and she knew what she was doing.

Focusing back on the mission at hand, I quietly moved to get a better look at what everyone was staring out.

All of the princes were tied against the massive sail in the middle of the ship. Most of them looked furious, the rest were fearful. How was I going to get them out of this one?

Captain Hook held his hook hand up to hush the group. "True, we did let Patty and Orion escape from my cabin, but they couldn't have gone far at all. We are out in the middle of the sea! They are just weak, stupid children. We also have something precious to them within our grasp. These men will make a fine bit of coin, yes?"

"Yes!" The crew chanted. "Gold! Gold! Gold!"

I couldn't take much more of this. I had to think of a plan and fast. I backed up to sink further into the shadows, but then suddenly, I was grabbed by my shoulders and lifted up. "Hey, Captain! I think I found a little mouse!"

Everyone turned around, a devil's grin playing at everyone's lips. I was carried forward effortlessly, despite me struggling to break free from his crushing grip. All eyes were on me as I was thrown at Captain Hook's feet. The burly man that caught me pinned my arms behind me as another member tied my hands together.

I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming. I was livid. Captain Hook pulled my chin up to look at him. "My my, you did indeed catch a mouse. I wonder what we should do with her."

The crew looked at each other, wonder if the Captain was actually waiting for a suggestion. A stout man stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Might I suggest throwing her overboard, sir? She did cost you to lose P-Patty Pan and sent us on a wild goose chase."

The captain twisted his mustache in thought before answering. "It's fine by me. What does everyone say?"

"Walk the plank! Walk the plank!" They all began to cheer. I was pulled up to my feet to start walking towards a plank that was set over the ship. I was shoved onto the thin board.

I looked back at all the men who were hurrahing. The princes looked more distressed than ever. "Rion!" "Orion, stop!" "Don't walk forward!" "Rion, please!"