Chapter-1 : Arrival

Start from the beginning

However, she is called the Mrs. Perfect of our home because we have no idea what magic she applies on all sorts of job by using only those two hands to complete every task neatly and accurately. In a nutshell despite her nagging and yelling all the time my mom is the soul of this house without whom everyone is benumbed.

And then comes my elder brother, Sabbir Ahmed, 26 years old, who has recently completed his MBA. He is handsome, he can sing, dance and play guitar. He had a music band in his varsity life which is dismissed now. In short he is everything my parents could ever ask for in a son. Bhaiya is gonna handle dad's business soon and so he is now working heart and soul to get a clear conception about all these business matters. There's a huge line of girls who are crazy for him and another line of uncles who are dying to give him their daughters' hands. But beside all these, he is a really responsible big brother. He always acts too possessive when it comes about me or Annaba. He can't tolerate a single glance on us from any guy.

Although he can be really annoying when I and Annaba are studying or doing any important work either by continuously poking us or singing aloud or screaming at us without any reason or eating the steak of our burgers leaving the buns for us. Unbearable! But well, that's what all the big brothers do, don't they? I and Anu both feel pity for his future wife.

And then it's me. I'm the middle child of my parents. 20 years old. To be honest I have always been a good girl since my birth. I have evermore been one of the best students in school and college. Teachers are always praising me and telling mom and dad how obedient and talented I am (honestly, not bragging).

Being kinda introvert, I talk less than two of my siblings as I have no interest in singing or dancing or other functional activities that feel like showing off myself. We sisters used to take music and dance lessons in childhood but left that later when my aunts and teachers taught us everything about Islam and we came to know that these are Haram.

Despite knowing about my activities, don't think my life is a complete doldrums. I'm a fun person with my family and the closest ones. I just LOVE baking! I have immense interest in painting too. Whenever there's an occasion, it's my job to bake a cake, print cards, decorate the venue and take full responsibility of the event. My cousins always give the duties of surprise parties to me knowing that no one will suspect or come to interrogate me. Moreover, I am the only one who they can trust with all the subscription money because I'm not going to run away with it by any chance.

Previously I used to draw a lot and upload the pictures in my public account on instagram. But I fear I'll have to stop that now to cope with the students of my university. Probably this little hobby of mine is the reason that provoked me to choose architecture. But I never had the slightest bit of idea that arts and architecture are completely different things.

The youngest one in our family is Annaba Ahmed alias Anu who is only a year younger than me. I don't know how but her character is the complete opposite of mine. She talks way too much with everyone she knows or not unnecessarily unlike me. She can have a very comfortable conversation with a guy or girl who happens to know the word 'Korea'.

She and I keep quarrelling all the time over very trivial things but the real fact is we can't live without each other either. She is more than my soulmate, indeed we hardly have any secrets to hide. She is now in grade 12 but barely studies as she is always busy with her facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, whatsapp or thousand other social apps for which she even forgets having food or maintaining her regular routine. Though she follows Islam like me and never wishes to date a guy in the Haram way, she is hardly able to forgo guys' attention towards her because of her way too cute appearance and fickling character.

It was a month ago when my varsity admission results had been published. When I found out that I had got chance to study in the topmost university of our country, my whole life has been a dream since then. Congratulatory parties, praises, gifts and so many more! Dad bought me a brand new crimson iPhone7. Mom took me to shopping several times for all the necessary materials I may need in the hostel (which includes a toilet brush, needles and toothpicks too). Dad kept saying that I don't need to live in the hostel and can go to my class everyday in one of our cars. But mom protested that I should live in the hostel to get along well with other girls as this will help me in the future. Considering the traffic jam, it will take almost three hours to go and three hours to come back home from my varsity which will waste half of my day. That's why I supported her idea and got mentally prepared for this. How long will I be under the constant observation of my parents?

Annaba and Bhaiya(brother) were hubbubing all the time how much they'll enjoy without me and eat all the delicious food mom makes and chocolates dad brings from abroad. They kept teasing me all the way to my university saying that they'll throw a party tonight on the occasion of my leaving home.

But the truth is I know they have already started missing me. Now when I have reached at my varsity, Anu is totally overflown with tears.

"Stop it now you stupid, your eyes are swollen. Just think that I've been married off and moved in to my in-law's place."I said trying to keep my chin up and make her laugh. But as soon as mom joined us, we three burst into tears. Dad tried several times to consolidate us but in vain.

At last hugging them all for the last time, I went up to my Room No. 303. A sister who works here helped me go upstairs with my luggage and backpack where I am going to stay for the next 5 years.

Yes, I'll go visit my family at times but man, this is really gonna be hard...!! How can I live without mom and Anu and my best friends!?!? And that too with totally new people!! How am I going to adjust with them???? I can hardly talk! How are they going to accept me??? I can't talk like Annaba or create a friendly, funny ambience like my brother! Ya Allah I'm scared!! Shed your blessings on mee!!

_______________________________________

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu dear reader.
Thanks a zillion for giving this book a chance. More fun is to come along the way. Stay tuned.

And don't forget to vote, comment and share!