The Static Speaks My Name

"Did he get them?"

"A student managed to kill him before he could finish the job."

"But did she suffer?"

"Very much so. And I'm sure Severus is suffering just from seeing her like that."

"Good. The Cruciatus Curse should been enough to unhinged her already broken mind. Once she snaps, she will destroy that school for us. And make those who have opposed us suffer."

"What makes you think she will succeed?"

"Do not underestimate the daughter of Lucifer Grim."

It was the middle of the night at Hogwarts. Everyone was sleeping in there rooms except for a certain Slytherin Pyro who was resting in the Hospital Wing. She twice and moved in her sleep as she groaned in pain. Her hands gripped the bed sheet tightly. A scream erupted from her throat as her eyes shot open.

Madam Pomfery walked up to the large door that led to her Hospital Wing to see what the screaming was about. She to screamed when she got them to open. The entire room was set ablaze and didn't seem like the flames were going to die down anytime soon. She looked at the center of the room and saw a large black wolf engulfed in flames. It barked and ran at her. Pomfrey screamed and ducked as the wolf jumped over her and ran down the hall, leaving a path of fire wherever it went.

 Pomfrey screamed and ducked as the wolf jumped over her and ran down the hall, leaving a path of fire wherever it went

All teachers were on high alert when they heard about what happened. Esme was walking towards the Great Hall when she heard barking. She casted a spell to call the other teachers and took off towards the Great Hall. She burst through the doors in time to see the large firey dog stood at the front of the room. The tables and everything was already set ablaze. The teachers all ran in and gasped in shot the damage around them.

"I can't take it!"

Esme looked around, startled. It seems none of the teachers heard it. She looked at the dog and noticed it shaking it's head.

"It hurts! Make it stop!"

That voice. It was coming from the wolf. Esme could understand animals, that's why she was the only one who could hear it.

"It won't leave me alone! It keeps calling to me!"

"Severus!" Esme shouted. Snape turned to her. "It's Kage! That Cruciatus Curse is killing her mind!" Snape looked back up at the wolf. Only then did he notice the collar around its neck. "That's Kage?!" Neville and Hayden shouted at the same time. Snape started walking calmly towards the dog who looked like it was at war with itself. The other teachers hung back. "Kage." He called out. Kage's attention was suddenly on Snape. She growled at him, her ears flattening against her head. She didn't seem to recognize him.

"It knows me."

"Kage please. It's me. Severus." Snape tried to get through to her.

"The static speaks my name."

Esme saw the dog stand up tall and stare down at Snape. Her face went pail. "Severus! Get out of there! Now!"

"CAEDES IGNI!!"

Kage suddenly barked and created an explosion of fire all around her. The windows shattered and made the flames bigger. The teachers all ran out of the room to escape the fire. Except for Esme and Snape.

"Kage." She called out gently. "I know you can hear me." The dog seemed to wobble from exaustion but still growled at her. "I know that you're hurting." Snape followed her as she slowly walked towards the dog. "Please. I want to help." Kage's ears drooped as she wimpered. Esme moved quickly and wrapped her arms around the neck of the large wolf. The flames on its fur dissappeared as it leaned against her. Snape knelt down next to them and petted Kage's head. "Hey. Eyes on me." He ordered. Kage looked up at him. "You're going to be alright. Nobody is going to hurt you."

The next morning the teachers had put out the fires and repaired the destroyed parts of the castle. Everyone had heard of what had happened. That Kage had gone mental and tried to burn the school to the ground. As a result, now when Kage walks down the halls, the kids are quick to move out of the way. The teachers don't blame her for what happened. Many people have gone insane from the Cruciatus Curse and Neville knew this most of all.

"Why did you invite me here?" Kage asked. Her voice seemed strained and tired. She was afraid that if she slept then she would set everything on fire again. "Have a seat Kage. I made some tea for us." Kage sat at a table in Neville's office and took a sip of the tea he gave her. "What...what is this?" She asked, shocked. "Chamomile tea." Neville answered. "The scent itself is pleasant and calming. The tea helps calm and relieve anxiety. Chamomile is also very good at calming the nerves, which is also very useful for those jittery anxious moments. The Chamomile plant is also very useful to help wound-up children relax, add a teaspoon of honey and it doubles as a delicious treat."

"Of course you would know this. You're the Herbology teacher." Kage said with a small smile. "But the question is, why? Why are you helping me? We weren't exactly friends in school."

"My parents, too, suffered the affects of the Cruciatus Curse. I know what's it's like. What it can do to you. We may not have been close as kids, but I always knew you weren't bad. Even for a Slytherin." Neville admitted with a chuckle. "You helped us fight Voldemort's army. Even though you were a Death Eater yourself. You've been through a lot. Far more than anyone should. So I though I should help you for once. I know you and Severus have all these potions to help you but...if you ever need some calming Chamomile tea...then I'll be more than happy to have you join me for some."

Kage stared at Neville for a moment before smiling. "Thanks Longbottom. You know, you're not half bad for a Gryffindor."

The two giggled and shared some more tea. The boy was right. It really did calm her down.