Dolores Umbridge

"Another exciting year at Hogwarts!" Kage yelled out as her Kay and Hayden walked into the Great Hall. "I don't think exciting is the right word for it." Hayden said they made their way over to the Gryffindor table. Kage skipped off to her own table and next to Draco and Benji. "Good evening children. I would like to introduce our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge." Everyone turned to woman who was decked out in all pink. "I know her. She works in the Ministry." Kage whispered to Benji and Draco. Umbridge stood up and walked over to stand in front of everyone. "Thank you Headmaster for those kind words of welcome and how lovely to see all your bright and happy faces smiling up at me." She said while Benji and Draco were trying hard to keep Kage from laughing. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She added. "Thats unlikely." Kage managed to say before Benji covered her mouth. Snape smirked as Umbridge shot her a glare. "The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be a vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved." She finished and sat back down.

The next morning Kay, Esme and Kage took their seats in their DADA class. "Do we really have to have that pink marshmallow teach us?" Kage whined. Kay roles her eyes at her childish behavior while Esme just giggled. Umbridge walked in and casted a spell on a pile of books that made them pass themselves out to the students. "I am pleased to tell you, that from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry approved course of Defensive Magic." She stated as the students skimmed through the books. "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Kay asked. "Using spell? Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Umbridge laughed. "You'll be learning Defense Spells in a secure, risk free way." She told the students. "What use is that? If we're gonna be attacked it won't be risk free!" Kage spat. "Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." Umbridge snapped at her. The class fell silent as Kage and Kay glared at the woman who looked like a pink marshmallow. "It has been viewed by the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about." The marshmallow woman said. "And how's theory suppose to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry asked. "There's nothing out there, dear." Umbridge reacured him. "Who do you imagine would want to attack students like yourself." She asked. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry answered sarcastically. The room was deathly quiet. Umbridge walked up to Harry's desk. "Now let me make this, quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This. Is. A. Lie." Harry glared at her. "It is not a lie! I saw him! I faut him!" "DETENTION! Mr. Potter!" Umbridge shouted at him. Kage stood up from her chair. "So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?!" Kage shouted back. "Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident. "Umbridge stated forcefully. "It was murder! Voldemort killed him! You must know that!" Kage yelled. "ENOUGH!!" The professor shreeked and the room was quiet once again. "See me later, Mr. Potter, Ms. Grim. In my office." She said with a forced smile.

Later that day, Harry and Kage made their way to Umbridge's office and knocked on the door. "Come in." Said her voice from the other side. The two walked in. "By the stars, it looks like the color pink just exploded in here." Kage muttered as they sat on some chairs in front of her desk. "You're going to be doing some lines for me Mr. Potter, Ms. Grim." She told them. They went to reach for their quills but Umbridge stopped them. "No, not with your quill. You're going to be using some rather special ones of mine." She said as she gave the two of them fancy dark red quills. "Now, Mr. Potter. I want you to write, I must not tell lies." She then turned to Kage and gave her the same forced smile she did in class. "And for you Ms. Grim. I want you to write the same." She added. "You haven't given us any ink." Harry told her. "Oh, you won't need any ink." Harry and Kage turned to their papers and wrote the sentence once before their left hands started hurting. Kage quickly unwrapped the bandages on her left hand and watched and the sentence 'I must not tell lies' was slowly carved into her skin. She gasped and withered in pain as it carved itself over her previous cuts and scratches on her hand. Harry watched in horror as it reopened some of her wounds and bled out more than him. Umbridge turned to the two with a fake worried expression and asked "Yes?" Harry just stared at her. "Nothing." He said. "Thats right. Because you know that deep down, you deserved to be punished." She told him and went to sit back down. Harry reached over and held Kage's other hand as she faut back the earge to cry.

Snape was walked down the hall went he saw Harry helping a curtain whimpering Slytherin towards the Hospital Wing. He quickly walked over to them and scowled at Harry. "What happened." He demanded. "W-well....um..." Harry stuttered. Snape glared at him as he out a hand on Kage's shoulder and guided her to his chambers. Kage sat on the couch while Snape sat next to her and replaced her bandages. "So Umbridge did this to you. Yes?" He asked her. Kage nodded but didn't look at him. He face was empty of expressions. "Its not the first time." She muttered. Snape looked at her confused. "Daddy use to use the Blood Quill of me and my brother all the time when we misbehaved." She told him. Snape's eyes widened and his grin on her hand tightened. "I'm going to inform Dumbledor about this. But for tonight, I'll escort you to your dorm."