Animagus

Kay and Hayden walked down the hall while Kage skipped happily in front of them. "I can't believe you did that." Hayden said. "How were you not afraid? He could have turned you into something awaful!" Kage only giggled and smiled at him. "He's the head of my house! He wouldn't do that to one of his own!" Kay huffed. "I really hate you Slytherins."

The three walked onto an open field where other first years were standing. They stood next to some brooms and smiled excitedly at each other. "Good afternoon class!" Yelled the flying instructor. "Good afternoon Madam Hooch!" The class yelled back. "Welcome to your first flying lesson! Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the right side of your broomstick!" The class did as they were told. Kage tripped on the first step and almost toppled over but she righted herself quickly. "Stick your right hand over the broom and say up." Said Madam Hooch. "Up!" Yelled Kay. He her broom flew up into her hand immediately. Kage's broom flew up to her hand as well as Harry's and Draco's. Hayden had more trouble with his. "Up" he yelled. The broom stick flew up and hit him in the forehead. "Shut up, Slytherin." Hayden said to Kage as she laughed at him. "Now, once you got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight! You don't want to be sliding off the end." Everyone got on there brooms and waited for the next command. Suddenly, one of the Gryffindor boy's broom started flying up and everywhere. All the Gryffindors started yelling for him to come back but his broom took off. It flung him all over the place until he finally fell off. Madam Hooch ran up to him and helped him up. "Everyone is to keep there feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing!" The teacher announced. She then walked off with Neville and disappeared around the corner. Draco walked up with a Neville's rememberall. A clear ball that turns red if you forgot something. "Maybe if the fat lub have given this a squeeze he would have remembered to fall on his fat arse!" He said with a smirk. The Slytherins all laughed while Kage just growled at him. "Give it here, Malfoy." Harry stepped forward and Kage went quiet. Kay and Hayden turned to look at her. She looked as if she was in a trance. "No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find. Perhaps the roof?" He jumped on his broom and took off. "Whats the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?" Harry then got on his broom and followed after Malfoy. "Give it here Malfoy or I'll knock you off your broom!" He flew over to grab it but Draco spun out of the way. "Have it your way then." Draco smirked and threw the ball. Harry flew after it and caught it before it hit one of the windows of the castle.

The Gryffindors cheered as Harry played with the ball in the air. Kage stared at him. Kay and Hayden shook her but she didn't even blink. But then Harry dropped the ball and it plummeted towards the ground. "BALL!" Yelled Kage when she finally snapped out of her trance. She ran forward and was soon covered in a black mist. She jumped up and caught the ball in her mouth. Everyone stared at her. Draco and Harry landed but didn't utter a word as they saw a black ghostly like dog was stood where Kage once was. Kay and Hayden watched as Kage trotted back over to them, happily playing with the ball she caught. They quickly looked up and stood in front of Kage as they Mcgonagall walking over. "Harry Potter!" Harry stopped staring at the dog and turned to the professor. "Follow me." She said and walked off Harry on her heal.

"She turned in a what?" Esme asked, looking at her friends in confusion. When Kage turned back into her normal form, Kay dragged her to the library where she knew Esme would be. "She turned into a dog! A pure black dog that...had ghostly presence to it." Hayden exclaimed. Esme turned to Kage who was giggling and finding amusement in setting her wand on fire like a muggle lighter. The Ravenclaw walked up to the Slytherin Pyro and kneeled down in front of her. "Kage." She called in a sweet voice.

Kage looked up and stared at her. "Are you an Animagus?" Kage smiled brightly and nodded. "Yup! Daddy taught me how to turn! He tried teaching brother too! But brother couldn't do it as easily as I could. It was difficult for him. So he decided to wait until his third year to try again!" She explained. Kay and Hayden were confused. "Whats and Animagus?" Kay asked. Esme rolled her eyes. "Don't you two ever read?" She asked annoyed. " An Animagus is a witch or wizard with the rare ability to transform into a particular animal at will. The Animagus spell is very difficult and dangerous to perform, which is one reason that all Animagi are required to be registered by the Ministry of Magic. Information on Animagi is taught to Hogwarts students during their third year Transfiguration class." She stated, absentmindedly petting Kage's head who looked like she was gonna fall asleep.