Chapter 1-Ella

This is the very first book I have ever posted online. I really hope you enjoy it. Comment and Vote! ~Writergirlsoccer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you reading Eleanor?" Damien asked.

I glared at him. "Don't call me Eleanor." I growled.

"Fine," He laughed. "Eleanor." He added as he left my room.

Damien loves me with all of his heart, but he just loves to get on my nerves at times. Damien has dark black hair. His natural eye color is amber, but he tends to keep them brown. He is now eight hundred years old but you wouldn't mistake him for a day over eighteen.

I turned back to my book. The lupi viri had broken the promise. They have betrayed us. They have told the interfector of our hidden location. The lupi viri are now at war with us.

"Enjoying that book Eleanor", asked a voice from behind me.

I turned and saw my father. My father and mother are the only two that I don't mind calling my Eleanor. Everyone else I want to call me Ella.

"Yeah," I answered.

He looked down at my book. "Ah, reading about the origin of the ancient war." He said happily.

"Fascinating story, how the lupi viri betrayed us after the great Edgar had died keeping their location a secret." I said.

"Eleanor, remember this; the lupi viri are cowards. They will do anything to keep themselves alive." My father told me.

"Hugo you have been telling her almost everything you know about the lupi viri for the past three hundred ninety-nine years. I think she's done learning history." My mother says as she walks in followed by my sister.

"Yeah dad, maybe you should start teaching her how to fight." Holly suggests.

My mother and sister both have long blond hair. Holly is very optimistic and pretty. She has bright amber eyes that are starting to look yellow. She tends to keep her eyes a bright blue.

"No. Eleanor is still too young to learn how to fight." My father says, his voice rising.

"No way is my baby sister learning how to fight." Damien says as he storms into my bedroom.

"We've lived here for three days already and everyone still barges into my room?" I say angrily.

"Pretty much," Holly says.

"Can everyone please leave so I can finish putting things away?" I ask.

They all leave my room. I put my bookmark in between the pages and place the book on the bookshelf. I put away the remaining clothes. I sit on my window seat.

Finally a permanent home. After centuries of moving from continent to continent and state to state I finally have a place I can always call home. I finally can relax. I think. I look out the window. Lupi viri, the men of wolves, and the interfector, slayers. Good old Latin. I am fluent in it along with other languages. I yawn. Now to rest before the first day of school in New York.

I throw on a pair of jean capris, a hoodie, and sneakers. I brush my long black hair. I put on my sunglasses and grab my backpack. I need to wear sunglasses so no one can see my dark amber eyes.

I eat a quick bowl of cereal and then start heading to the bus stop. As I was walking I heard a sound. I looked at my watch and decided I could go check out the noise quickly before school. I run towards the sound. I ended up coming across a large river. There were some large rocks that I could jump across to get to the other side. I'll check this place out tonight.

I run back to the road and then ran human speed to the bus stop. The bus was chaos. Paper was being thrown everywhere, people were talking loudly that it sounded more like yelling, people were blasting music. I cover my ears and sit in a seat.

"Hi." says a girl who was sitting in the seat. She had brown hair and brown eyes. She was reading a book with a vampire on the front.

"Hi." I respond.

"I'm Anna-Bella. Most people call me Bella." She says.

"I'm Ella. I'm new in town."

"Piece of advice, if you love vampire and werewolf novels then people will think you're weird." She said.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because then they'll think you're like me and not many people like me." She explains.

"Why? You seem nice." I say.

"Really, then let's be friends." She says.

She tells me about our school, classmates, and teachers. While she is talking I have the feeling someone is looking at me. I turn my head slightly and see a boy smirking at me. I then cover my nose. What reeks?