"Why don't you just leave him?" Sehun suddenly asked stopping Tao from walking away. "Like Emi did."

There was a scoff from Tao before he turned back around to face him. "You know Xiu is the closest thing to a family for me despite his wrong doings. He saved me from the street."

"You got me."

Tao clicked his tongue. "But your parents don't like me, do they?"

"He told you to quit school," Sehun reasoned again.

"No, I made that choice myself!" Tao's shoulders slumped when he sighed. "Xiumin wasn't a bad person."

"Wasn't," Sehun pointed out.

Hearing that, Tao bit the inside of cheeks. "Not everyone can grow up in such a good family with good morals like you. Besides the illegal race, he really wasn't that bad of a person." He paused then added, "Until you came."

"You're blaming me now?"

"No." Tao lightly shook his head. "I acknowledge it's his fault that he couldn't shake off his envy towards you. I'm just saying that maybe if you never found us, things would be a little better. He wouldn't use Emi to trap you, she wouldn't fall for you, and he wouldn't get a backlash of jealousy."

"Geez. Thanks for not blaming me," Sehun replied sarcastically. "And for a reminder, I was the one dumped by her."

"That's how much she cared about you- Ah forget it!" Tao huffed a breath of frustration. "You won't understand. I have to go now."

"You know where she is, don't you?" His question froze Tao once again. Seeing his friend's widened eyes, he knew he was right. "You were just testing if I would care when you told me she ran away."

"...I-"

"Where's Emi, Tao?"

Tao sighed while closing his eyes.

__________

Sehun never meant to visit Emi when he asked Tao of her whereabout. For some reason, it had bothered him ever since Tao told him she left Xiumin. He hated to admit it, but he was worried. He reasoned with himself that he felt that way because she left after defending him.

Knowing she was somewhere safe would lessen his worry. That was why he asked Tao of where she lived now. Not to visit her like what he was doing right now. But he was out of options. This was the only way to stop Xiumin.

Earlier
"The frost tattoo proves it all!"

Xiumin chuckled looking at the photos. "Yeah, he's one of my guys. I was behind all that sudden signal and cameras interference." He tossed the photos on his table and shrugged crossing his arms as he leaned back on his chair. "So?"

Sehun gritted his teeth. "What do you actually want?"

"Seeing you not getting the girl, perhaps?" He smirked.

"Because Emi left you?" He tried and saw Xiu's eye twitched. "Well, you've accomplished that. Now everyone knows she's not mine. So, get away from Yeojin!"

"Or what?" Xiu laughed. "Sorry, rich boy! Can't do that. I've made a deal with a devil. He's the one executing all the plans."

Sehun suddenly reached for the collar of the shorter guy, lifting him slightly from his seat. Xiu's goons rushed to stop him but Sehun didn't care and glared down at him.

"Then tell me the plans! Who's the devil?"

"Again, or what?" Still looking relaxed, Xiu quirked a brow. "Your dad will sue me?" He snickered. "You know you don't really have evidence besides those blurry pictures and my own words, right?"