Chapter One-Hundred Ninety-Four

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 194

EPOV

"Edward, go home," chuckled my boss, Leslie. He was an amazing lawyer and completely dedicated to his job. He tended to forget that I was not a practicing attorney and still a student. A student who had eight o'clock classes every day. "You look like death and I know you want to call your girl before you crash."

"Huh?" I asked, rubbing my face.

"Damn it, boy! Go home!" Leslie laughed, shoving me off my chair and toward the exit. "In fact, don't come in tomorrow. You've pulled eighty hour weeks since Valentine's Day and you deserve some time off. You're making me look bad."

"Unlikely," I smirked, stumbling to the exit. "What time on Monday?"

"We're in depositions. So, we need to meet at the client's office by noon. I'll text you with the information. Perhaps, perhaps, you should take the weekend to, um, wet your willy?"

"And this is why you're single," I snorted. "Wet my willy? If you ever refer to my penis as a willy again, I'm...damn!"

"Go get laid, Edward. See that gorgeous girl of yours. I'm certain she's missing you. I know that she's coming in a couple of weeks, but you need it." Leslie gave me a wicked grin before turning back to his computer. I rolled my eyes and padded to my office. Okay, it's a closet, but hell it was mine and I had a desk. I slipped on my overcoat and checked availability for flights. The only option was to leave early tomorrow morning. I had yet to miss any classes. I was at the top of my classes and we didn't have any tests scheduled. I sent an email to my professors, explaining my absence.

To whom it may concern,

I'm flying to Seattle to get some. Do we have any homework?

Yeah, not the wisest email. I was much vaguer, explaining that I had a family emergency that I needed to attend to. I'd be back for my classes on Tuesday. I booked my flights and drove home.

Sleep eluded me, honestly. On average, I got maybe four hours of sleep a night. Sleeping in the bed without Bella was a struggle. I missed her warmth wrapped around me. I definitely missed listening to her random conversations she had with herself.

When the alarm went off, I had only gotten two hours of rest, not even sleep. I dragged my body out of my queen mattress, packed a bag and drove myself to Logan International Airport. Parking my car as far away from the entrance as possible, I ambled to the shuttle bus to the airport. It was a blur going through security and out to my gate. I popped in my ear buds, listening to some Mumford and Sons as I waited for my flight.

Once on the plane, I was, thankfully, in an aisle that only had two passengers. My seat companion was an older woman who was doused in a lot of perfume, prattling on about her grandchildren. I wanted her to be quiet because the five hour flight was prime napping time. However, for almost the entire time, she droned on about her grandkids, showing me pictures and even trying to set me up with her daughter who had recently gone through a divorce. I politely declined and tried to read one of my law books, making notations for class on Tuesday. I was too tired to make heads or tails of it so I finally drifted off for the last hour of the flight, my companion reading her Kindle.

After landing at SeaTac, I called my mom and told her that I was in town for an impromptu visit. She was excited and came to pick me up from the airport. Bella had class in the morning and her internship in the afternoon. It was still pretty early, just after ten in the morning. My mom drove us back to their place and I crashed for a few hours. Once I woke up, I padded to the kitchen, pouring myself a cup of coffee. Esme walked into the kitchen and gave me a smile. "I'm glad you're home, Edward."

"Only for the weekend. It was a spur of the moment thing," I blushed. "My boss, Leslie, told me to go back to my girl and, I quote, 'wet my willy.'"

"Oh, dear," she snickered. "Are we going to see you at all this weekend?"

"Perhaps, I'll convince Bella to go out to dinner with you and Carlisle. I just needed her and I can only imagine what she's feeling," I sighed, putting my mug on the counter.

"I'm certain Bella will be thrilled that you're home," Esme said. "It's pretty serious between you two, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I said, my face flaming a brilliant red. "I want to marry her, but I'm afraid that if I ask her that she'll say no."

"She's very young, Edward. Give her time," Esme replied, cupping my slightly scruffy cheek.

"Doesn't hurt to look at engagement rings, right?" I quipped, arching a brow.

"No harm. Do you want some help?" she asked.

"Definitely. I don't know what I'm doing," I snorted. "She loved her earrings I got her for Christmas."

"Come on. I've got a few places that have that halo setting. Your father is looking at upgrading my diamond for our wedding anniversary. We can kill two birds with one stone."

Eagerly, I grabbed my coat and followed my mom out to her car. Seriously, I have every intention of just looking.

Right, Cullen.

A/N: There will be a proposal...soon...

Up next will be some smexy times in Edward's point of view. Leave me some!

"Yo+#����