Chapter One-Hundred One

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 101

BPOV

I'd never been so scared in my life then I was in that club when that guy tried to force me to have sex. He had taken away all my power and because I was afraid...terrified...I couldn't do anything. I couldn't fight back. Then, by the grace of God, mio protettore arrived and he pulled me out of there. His strong arms held me tightly after her beat the living shit out of my attacker.

Then, after we had fallen asleep, Edward had the worst nightmare. My protector crumbled and was sobbing in his sleep. He held onto me so tightly, trying to keep me close. My heart shattered when he whimpered, "No...stop..." When he woke up he was crazed and out of control. His eyes were dead. Hollow. Vacant. Afraid. I was so worried about him. I wanted to crawl into his lap, kiss him until his tears dried and scream that I loved him. That his pain was my pain.

The one thing I knew for certain was that we needed to get the hell out of Rome. I know I made a big stink about flying but we already cut out three hours of our trip by leaving from the city. As Edward showered, I rented a car, arranging to have it delivered to the hotel and changed our reservations at the luxury hotel in Venice, The Palazzo Sant'Angelo. While I was making the changes, I heard Edward cursing in the bathroom. My guess was that he was trying to shave and was struggling with his finger.

My phone rang and I slipped outside onto the patio. It was my father. I picked up, grimacing slightly. "Hi, Daddy."

"Don't 'Hi, Daddy' me. Why did I get a phone call from Emmett saying that you were attacked last night?" he snarled.

"Because I did," I laughed nervously. "Edward and I were dancing and we were separated. Two guys throttled him and one guy got to me. But it's all good. They were arrested and charged."

"How did you and Edward get separated? He's supposed to be your bodyguard!" Charlie screamed. "I know you're dating but is that..."

"Stop it, Charlie. That has nothing to do with it," I snarled. "Look, last night was a fluke. A fucking mistake. We're going to lay low for the time being. I don't think I can handle another night like that...or from what we dealt with in Seattle. It's some scary ass shit, Dad."

"I don't have to fire Edward?" Charlie asked.

"You fire Edward and you'll have to deal with me. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't my fault. It was the douchebag who got it in his mind that because I supposedly looked like a whore that he could take whatever the fuck he wanted," I spat.

Charlie was quiet on the other end of the phone. "He called you a whore?" he whispered.

"Among other things," I replied. "Edward stopped it. That's all that matters. Capische?"

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed. "I'm just on edge, baby girl. With Aro and his bull shit, then the attack at the club?"

"I get it, Daddy. That's why we're leaving Rome and heading to Venice early," I said. "You can still pick up that thing, though? Edward's present? I couldn't bring it with me on the trip."

"Once Emmett gets back, we'll pick it up, Bella. I promise," he chuckled. "Oh, and the piano tuner called today. He asked if he could come by to finish tuning the piano this week."

"Do it. Edward is the pianist and well, he's really good," I giggled.

"Well, I'll call him back. I'll try to get him in while you're in Venice, Bella," Charlie explained. "Oh, and your cat misses you. She kind of attacked your bed, destroying a pillow."

"She's pissed that she's not with us. Feed her some tuna and she'll be your best friend, Daddy. It's how Edward got her wrapped around his little finger. We'll be back on Monday, okay?"

"Okay, Bella. Be safe and don't do anything I wouldn't do," he snickered.

"Dad, that doesn't leave much," I snorted. He grunted and I rolled my eyes. "I love you, Daddy. I'll see you when we get back from Venice."

"Okay. We've got another week or so in Italy before we head back to Seattle. I've got a meeting in San Francisco just before the Independence Day weekend. I may need you to run things at Twilight while I'm gone since Emmett will be with me. Edward can help."

"Yay, another club," I deadpanned.

"That club makes me good money, Isabella Marie," Charlie admonished.

"I know, I know. I'll send you a text when we get checked into the hotel," I said. "Love you, Dad."

"Love you, too, baby girl," he responded.

I hung up the phone and went into the room. I sat down on the bed, flipping over to the timer I had going while Edward was getting ready. Just as the clock switched over to sixty-one minutes, he sat down next to me, smelling like cologne, shampoo and aftershave. As sexy as he smelled, it didn't matter. With a grin, I chirped, "You lose! I win! I wonder what I can buy you next!"

The ride up to Venice was relaxing and fun. We listened to music. We talked. We acted like a goofy couple in love. And I kind of told him that I was in love with him in the car. He responded in kind, but acting like it was a joke. But the emotions behind it were real. I could see the love in his eyes. Which, I got to tell you is better than seeing hollow, vacant eyes.

Five hours after we left Rome, Edward pulled the car up to the entrance to hotel in Venice. His jaw dropped at the extravagance of the hotel but I wanted nothing but the best for him. We unloaded the car and handed the keys to the valet. I explained that someone from the rental company would be by to pick it up once I'd called them. I handed him a hefty tip, ensuring that the rental Ferrari was going to be well-cared for.

We checked into the hotel and were led up to the suite. Edward was still in shock at the beauty of the hallways, the rooms and the décor. Part of it had to do with, yes, I wanted the best for him. I also wanted this weekend to be special for both of us. We were going to make love. I wanted it to be special for him and for me. It was essentially a first for both of us. For him, I'll be the second woman he's been with and for me, it'll be the first time making love to a man.

Opening the door to our suite, we stepped inside. Edward's hand was grasping mine. I leaned over, caressing my lips against his ear. "Welcome to Venice, Edward and Happy Birthday."

A/N: Pictures of the hotel are on my blog. Thank you, Lauren, for suggesting it. Now, what to do in Venice? Hmmm? I'm thinking a gondolier ride, some delicious food, some sex...yes, sex. It's coming. Trust me. Check out my blog (link's in my profile). You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Yep, please, please, leave me some!

Ea