Chapter Ten

New Story...I'm attempting a drabble. Rather, my version of drabble...a 1000 words or less per chapter. (Dear God, I'm afraid.) But excited, too. It'll force me to be more forward with my plotlines and yeah. Anyhow, none of this mine. I'm not, nor ever will be, Stephenie Meyer. I just like to play with her characters.

Chapter Ten

When my dad left, I called Angie. Her dad was one of guys on Emmett's crew. She knew about the run tonight and would probably be a nervous wreck like me. She came over, wearing her fuzzy pajamas and holding a worn stuffed toy. You could barely make it out, it was so old. Her animal was a chipmunk that she held. Her father called her chipmunk since when she was a baby, she had adorable chipmunk cheeks. When Angie walked in, I hugged her. She sniffled, clutching a Chip, her chipmunk.

I know, Angie. Believe me, I know.

We cuddled on the couch in the family room, watching some random television. Around three in the morning, Angie lost the battle with sleep and crashed on the leather sofa. I couldn't sleep. Instead, I found The Godfather On Demand, watching the classic mafia film.

Just before five, the garage opened up. I could hear yelling. I also heard the distinct sounds of sobbing. I shook Angie awake. We stood up and waited in the kitchen for whoever to come in.

The door opened and the first person through was Emmett. His face was splattered with blood. His hazel eyes were dead and vacant.

No! Daddy?

Emmett must have heard me hyperventilate. "Bambina, it's not your dad. He's fine," he soothed.

"Where is he?" I asked hysterically.

"Right behind me," Emmett explained. Just then, my dad's haggard form stumbled into the kitchen. His black clothes were in tatters. His arm was bleeding at the shoulder and he looked so tired.

"Daddy!" I wailed, running to him. "Oh my God, you have to go to a hospital. This could need stitches." There was a six inch gash on his bicep.

"I'm fine, baby girl," Charlie replied, hugging me with his good arm. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Uncle Charlie, you are not fine," Emmett spat. "Tonight was a fucking hit."

Angie's eyes widened. "What about my dad? Is he okay?"

"Jared is fine, Angie. He got clipped in the arm by a stray bullet. Your mom took him to the doc to get stitched up," Emmett explained. "But, we lost someone."

"Fuck!" Angie screamed. "I'm going to go. Call me if you need anything, Bella." She darted out of the house. Her tiny car squealed out of the driveway and to the doc's house. Doc was a practicing doctor but he took care of all of our injuries as long as my dad kept paying him handsomely. In the guy's basement was a mini hospital.

"Who did we lose?" I asked after Angie left.

"It was dark and dank. We were meeting James and his gang at the dock," Charlie began. "The usual pleasantries were exchanged. James made another order, asking for delivery in two days' time. However, the order was ludicrous. It was like he was outfitting an army. I told him that I needed more than two days. An order like this typically takes months to acquire. I told him this and James got really fucking upset.

"Then, using his Bluetooth, he mumbled something. 'He's fired, you're hired...do your best,'" Charlie said, frowning deeply. "Shots rang out and two of our guys dropped. James attacked me, Emmett and Jacob before jumping into a waiting speed boat. The new guy, Edward, managed to help us to our waiting van. However, it wasn't before lost two guys. One was a quiet guy with no family. The other was Billy Black, Jacob's dad."

"Oh, no," I frowned.

"I sent a cleanup crew to retrieve the bodies for burial," Charlie explained.

"Who was yelling outside?" I asked.

"I was, arguing with Uncle Charlie. Billy was your dad's head security guard. Jacob was yours. I told him to that we needed muscle to ensure his safety. I volunteered to be your dad's security. Jacob, obviously, is not going to be working for the next couple of weeks and you will need protection, too. Your dad was fighting with me, wanting to send you to Italy. So, Edward, who is waiting outside, is going to be your new head bodyguard," Emmett said, grimacing.

Bitch, say what?

"Once you meet him, you'll think he's great," Emmett smirked.

"Unlikely," I muttered. "Italy is sounding better."

Emmett rolled his eyes and darted out of the kitchen. I heard two male voices just outside of the garage door. "Edward's here?"

"Bella, I need the extra security. Emmett has to pack up his apartment," Charlie explained, cradling his arm against his side. I tore off the arm of his shirt before I began washing off his wound. "Emmett will be staying in the basement apartment. Edward is going to be in the south wing, closest to you."

"I'm not happy about this, Daddy," I said as I poked around my dad's gash. He hissed in pain. "I get it. We're in danger. Isn't Seth enough?"

"No, Isabella," Charlie said sternly. "This is a lovely reminder of Aro's power. I can't imagine...anything happening to you, baby girl. Don't fight this. Please?"

I pursed my lips, feeling like a total brat. My dad could have died and I'm worried about my bodyguard? Grow up, Bella. "Fine. I won't fight you. I might have to school this guy, but I won't fight you."

The kitchen door opened and Emmett was talking, "...you're going to be staying in the southern wing of the house. It's a sweet set up. My cousin lives there and she's got the best of everything. She'll be more than accommodating."

"I don't want to be a nuisance," came a familiar voice.

Where have I heard that voice before?

"You won't, Edward. Uncle Charlie trusts you implicitly. You saved his life," Emmett said reverently. "Took out three of Aro's stunads easily."

"I'd do it again," Edward chuckled.

"Come on, this way," Emmett said. Turning the corner, I saw a shock of dark brown/bronzeish hair. However, the eyes drew me in. Edward was my dark, sexy stranger...

A/N: A/N: No pictures with this one. However, you can find some other pics from other chapters on my blog. Link in my profile. Find me on Facebook, too: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on Twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!