Chapter Thirty-Nine

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Thirty-Nine

We dropped off the Mustang at nine at the garage. Rose pulled me into the office, under the guise of signing paperwork, to explain that she'd keep my relationship with Bella under wraps until it became a problem. She gave me a soft smile and said that even the biggest asshole needed happiness. Who was she to begrudge me that? I thanked her and got into Bella's Audi.

Classes were similar to yesterday, except the day was shorter. I kept my eyes peeled for the redhead, James or any of Aro's goons. Thankfully, no one was on campus and we left after her American literature class. Bella had to go to the mall. My eyes widened at the prospect of more shopping. She assured me that she had a standing appointment with her aesthetician every Tuesday to get stuff waxed. True to her word, our stop at the mall was brief and we went back home.

The rest of the week went by in a similar fashion. The redhead hadn't come to classes and no further issues with Aro or James. But, I just knew that it was the calm before the shit storm. On Friday, Rose called me on my 'Masen' phone saying that my car was ready for pick up. After classes, I dropped Bella off at her house and with Emmett, we drove to the garage.

"So, you and bambina?" Emmett asked, waggling his brows.

"We're taking it slow, Emmett," I sighed. "But, yes. Bella and I are trying."

"Have you done the deed?" he snickered, thrusting his hips.

"Slow, Emmett. Very, very slow. We haven't even kissed yet," I responded, punching him the shoulder.

"And Bella's okay with that?" Emmett barked. His brows shot to his hairline. "Damn, by now, she'd be riding you like a prized stallion."

"I told her that I wanted to take her out on a date before kissing her. Though, it's getting harder and harder to not kiss her," I said, looking out the window of Emmett's Hummer.

"So, where are you taking her?"

"That's the thing. I have no idea. I'm relationship-challenged," I muttered. "I don't know how to date or what to do."

"Do you want overly cheesy and romantic or fun and feisty?" Emmett asked.

"Fun sounds appropriate for a first date," I said. "Do you have any ideas?"

"Bambina loves fast cars. Loves driving them even more. There's a drag race at the nearby speedway. I've gone with Bella and she loves it. Then, take her out to get something to eat. Bella loves greasy spoons. Her favorite is 5 Point Café. They have the best grilled cheese."

"Drag racing and a diner?" I asked incredulously.

"Bambina looks all hoity-toity and fancy, but she's a tomboy at heart," Emmett winked. He pulled into the garage and hopped out. I followed suit. "Now, all the dates like that? She'd feed you your balls. But, first one, she'd like that." Emmett gave me a genuine smile and then his jaw unhinged.

"Em, you okay?" I asked.

"Fuck me," he panted.

"No, Emmett. I'm straight," I snorted.

He elbowed me and pointed at Rose. She was walking towards us. Her hair was pulled back, falling over one shoulder in golden curls. On her cheek, she had a grease mark but she still looked pretty. "Who is that? Can I have her number?"

"Her name is Ro," I answered. Emmett gulped and stared, unabashedly at my coworker.

"Hey, Edward," she said, sauntering up to me. "Who's your friend?"

"Ro, this is Emmett. Emmett this is Ro, short for Rosalie," I smirked. Emmett stared at her blankly, his jaw still unhinged. I elbowed him and he picked up her hand, kissing her knuckles.

"Charming," she said, wrinkling her nose. "Come on, Edward. I've got your car in the back." I followed her. Emmett was rooted in his spot. I chuckled. "Is that one of del Cigno's goons?" she asked once we were out of earshot.

"Ironically enough, Emmett is Charlie's illegitimate son," I answered. "He's the heir apparent for the syndicate."

"Not Bella?" Rose asked, fluttering her eyes.

"Charlie doesn't believe that Bella has the gut for this business. I tend to agree. She fucking lost it at her father's bodyguard's wake, passing out and getting really upset," I replied.

"And you don't love her," Rose snorted derisively. "I had to trade in your 'Stang. This one is faster, sleeker and sexier. It's got the same bells and whistles as the junker, but in a prettier package." She sighed and looked at me. "Watch your back, Edward."

"Is something up?"

"No, but I don't want to lose you because you were thinking with that head as opposed to the brilliant one on your shoulders," she said, pointing to my crotch. "You're a damn fine agent and a good friend."

"Rose, I'm not going anywhere," I promised. "Thank you for keeping my secret."

"If it becomes an issue, I will not hesitate to tell Carlisle," she said. "Stay safe, Cullen."

"I will. You, too," I smirked as I took the car keys from her. Turning the car over, I drove it to the front of the garage. Emmett was still standing like a moron in front, staring off into space. I rolled down the window. "Dude, you're drooling."

"Holy fuck!" Emmett bellowed when he shook off his lust-induced haze. "Is that the same car?"

"New and improved," I grinned.

"Damn, I want to ride home with you," he pouted. "It looks awesome, Edward!" He looked back at Rose, who was glowering at Emmett. "But, I'll see you back at the house. I've got a woman to win over."

"Good luck with that, buddy," I snickered as I sped out of the parking lot.

A/N: No pictures with this chapter. Though, Edward's 'revamped' car is on my blog if you want to see it. Link's in my profile. Also, find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Leave me some lovin!

AU�ۋ�'l