Chapter Eighty-Four

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter Eighty-Four

Edward carried me into the bathroom and set me on the counter. I twisted my hair up into a knot at the top of my head. Edward, in his naked glory, worked to create a lavish bubble bath. He even lit a few candles surrounding the tub. The bathroom was filled with a lavender vanilla scent along with the strawberry scent of the bubbles. He picked me up and gently set me inside of the tub. He swiped some fresh towels from the closet and slid in behind me. I snuggled against his broad, muscular chest and sighed contentedly.

"We never finished our game of twenty questions, Little One," Edward said, snaking his arms around my waist.

"Hmmmm, that's because I was distracted by my sexy boyfriend," I giggled, moving closer to his body.

"I'll never understand your belief that I'm sexy," Edward sighed.

"Clearly you don't see yourself," I deadpanned. "You radiant confidence when you are in a situation that you comfortable. Holy fuck, it took all of my restraint to not drag behind Mario's range and suck your cock. You were amazing shooting that gun, Edward. Shit!" I looked over my shoulder. "Mio prottetore."

"That's my job, Little One," he said as he kissed my neck.

"Do you do it because you're hired by my father or because you actually care?" I asked.

"Originally, I was hired as your bodyguard. I did my job at first, but around the time that we met with Uncle Cenzo, feelings began intermingling with the professional distance that I needed to maintain. Then, you collapsed at Billy's funeral and I felt this pull," he said, almost inaudibly. "I'm just terrified that something is going to happen."

"Edward, I feel the pull, too," I said, looking into his green eyes. They were impossibly sad and he wore a deep frown. "Why the sad face?"

"It's nothing," he said.

"Obviously, it's not," I challenged.

"Everyone that I care about leaves me," he whispered, cupping my face. "First my mom, then my foster family and now, maybe you."

"I won't leave you," I vowed.

"You can't say that," he said, arching a brow. "You could grow tired of me and..." His eyes closed and he sighed deeply. "I want it all with you, Little One. I care for you more than I could possibly even imagine."

"Edward, the feelings I have for you are all encompassing," I whispered. "Never in all of my life have I felt this about anyone." I took a deep breath and turned around, straddling his waist. His cock was pressed between us, flattened against his belly. I love you, I chanted mentally. However, I knew it was too soon. Hell, I'd never said those words to anyone but my family in all of my life and actually meant them. Gio was probably the first person that heard me say those words, but it was totally post coital. I never said them again, nor did he repeat them either.

"I'm sorry, Little One. I'm just...ignore me," he chuckled, looking up at me. His eyes weren't as sad, but there was something there that I couldn't pinpoint. I feared that Edward was hiding something from me. I just prayed that he wasn't.

A/N: Really short chapter. Sorry. However, this was a good ending point. Bella's capturing some Edward's trepidation, but she loves him. She won't say it, though. No pictures with this chapter. So, yeah, you know the drill. I'd appreciate some loving, please?

sh)���yc�