Chapter One-Hundred Thirty

Twilight...not mine (sigh).

Chapter 130

The next morning dawned bright. Too bright, really. I woke up due to the fact that there were no window coverings on Edward's windows. As soon as the sun hit my lids, I was up. I groaned, flopping over to curl up to Edward for a morning cuddle and perhaps a breakfast blowjob.

I came up empty. Edward's side of the bed was cold. "Where did he go?" I asked, frowning deeply. As if in response to my question, my hand brushed against a sheet of computer paper from his printer.

My love,

I've gone to pick up some breakfast for us. I forgot how bright the sun was in the morning and I was up as soon as it broached the horizon of my window. I didn't want my restlessness to wake you, so I'm getting food. I, honestly, have none in the apartment since I'm not here. I should be back soon. Hopefully, before you wake, but if not...here's why.

I love you,

Your, Edward

I smiled, hugging the note to my chest. Then, I squeed on the bed, kicking the mattress like a maniacal fangirl who just met her favorite actor or actress. Seeing Edward's love written out in black and white was...was...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

God, I'm such a dork.

The call of nature forced me out of bed and an abrupt end to my girlish-shriekfest on the bed. I swiped Edward's shirt from yesterday, tossing it around my body and padding to the bathroom. I took care of business and hastily brushed my teeth with Edward's toothbrush. My hair, on the other hand, looked like a dead animal. I desperately needed to brush that and I didn't see a brush or a comb on the counter in his bathroom. Normally, I kept a brush in my purse, but for whatever reason, I didn't have one today.

I had to snoop.

Perhaps, I'd find some more pictures of Edward and his mom. He seemed to treasure them; hanging them prominently in his family room. I started my snooping in his dresser, which only housed jeans, underwear, t-shirts, socks and a stash of porn. I giggled at that one since we were now our own porno. I wonder if he'd let me tape our lovemaking? It's quite erotic to watch. Shaking my head, I went to look in the two nightstands. The one closest to my side held another stash of porn and a small tube of lube. Masturbation fodder. Edward, you sexual deviant, you.

Thinking my search for a comb or a brush was going to be fruitless, I turned to the nightstand on Edward's side. At least I knew why Edward's hair stood up like he just rolled out of bed. He didn't have a comb to tame it. Pulling out the drawer, I noticed a gun inside. I wasn't surprised by that. I had a gun in my nightstand. However, it was clipped to a wallet. Reaching for the weapon, I placed it, along with the wallet onto the bed. My brow furrowed. Opening the wallet, I saw a golden badge along with an ID card.

Special Agent Edward Cullen, FBI.

"He lied to me?" I hissed, staring at his credentials. The picture on the ID was Edward...my Edward...wearing a black suit and a grim expression. Angry tears stung my eyes and I flew off the bed, searching for my clothes. I got dressed hastily, feeling betrayed, hurt and used.

He lied. Everything we had...a lie. I was nothing more than a fucking case.

Does he even really love me?

Doesn't matter. I couldn't even...he lied to me and he was a fucking Fed! He was probably sent to infiltrate my father's organization to bring him down.

"Bella, I'm back," Edward called.

My stomach dropped. I bolted back to the bed, wanting to hide the evidence that I was snooping. However, he strode into the bedroom, carrying bags filled with our breakfast. I glared at him, disdain and hate filling my gaze. His eyes went straight to the gun and badge in my hand. His pale features blanched and the food fell to the floor. "I can explain..." he began.

"I don't want to hear it," I seethed, sneering at him angrily. "Was this a joke? A ruse? Did you really have sensory issues? WAS ANYTHING YOU TOLD ME THE TRUTH?!" I hopped up and pushed him against the wall. He fell against it, his eyes filled with terror, remorse and sadness. I pounded on his chest, focusing my blows to his already bruised ribs. "You were sent to take down my family...RUIN MY LIFE!" I tore the necklace he gave me from my body and tossed it carelessly onto the bed.

"Bella...I was..."

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE! YOU FUCKING LIED TO ME!" I sobbed, picking up his gun, pointing it at his face.

"Put the gun down, Bella," Edward said calmly.

"I hate you, Edward. You betrayed my trust," I cried. "This...this...is unforgivable." I dropped the gun from his face but held it in my hand, walking back. "I have to get out of here."

"No! Bella, you can't. At least let me drive you back. It's still not safe for you," he muttered brokenly, tears marring his face. "I can't let anything happen to you. I lo..."

I cold cocked him with his gun. "You do NOT love me," I snarled. He was bleeding from his temple, cradling his head. "You lost that right when I found out that you aren't who you say you are."

"Bella, I was born Edward Masen. Everything I told you was the truth. I only...omitted the fact that I was adopted by Carlisle and Esme," he cried. "Everything else was true. The touch, my feelings, us..."

"There is no us," I said, punching him harshly across the jaw and then thrusting the heel of my hand up to his nose. He fell to his knees. His nose was bloodied and he was panting heavily. He looked up at me and the sadness in his eyes nearly shattered me, but I didn't care. Pistol whipping his temple, he fell to the ground in an unconscious heap. I stepped over him and grabbed my bag from the couch. Finding my phone, I dialed Emmett.

"Bambina, it's too fucking early," he grumbled.

"I don't fucking care. Pick me up," I spat. "Edward and I...we're through." I lied to my cousin. I didn't want him to know that Edward was a fed. Part of me still cared for him and if Emmett knew, he'd kill Edward. I didn't want Emmett to go to jail for killing a federal agent or some shit like that.

"Where are you?" Emmett asked wearily.

I gave him the address of a diner across the street from Edward's apartment and stormed out of his dingy, ratty, shithole apartment. I hadn't even realized that I was a sobbing, uncontrollable mess. My heart was damaged and irrevocably broken. I was so crazed that I didn't realize that I was being followed. A beefy hand wrapped around my arm, turning me harshly. "About time you were alone, bitch."

I felt a sharp prick in my neck and blackness settled over me...

A/N: Hides behind an unconscious Edward. *Don't hate me* We're switching POVs next chapter. Back to Edward. What will he have to say? Leave me some...

WJs�<; �D�